*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2106278-Maturity
Rated: E · Article · Psychology · #2106278
How to grow up! :)
Maturity

As we live in a day with information so readily available at our fingertips, we often get caught up in all the news we hear or read. With this happening all around us, we seem to get hit with one tragic event after another and so on, and so on, until we get caught up in all the chaos going on with the world. Right? If we look for anything to fill the void of our empty little heads, what we receive from the media is depressing, demoralizing news. If they can put the sadness in, surely we must be able to find our own joy. Well, that’s what they think, whoever they are!

This depressing, gloomy news feels like weight after weight being thrown on our shoulders until that vital spark loses its flame. We all want to be happy all the time, or so we think! If only the world was perfect, there would be no depression, oppression and aggression. To be a fully mature person, we need to have the experience of the world, grow in age, and be mindful.

Full maturity is:
• When inner beauty matters more than just physical beauty.
• When you listen more, and speak less. The quieter you become, the more you hear.
• When you start talking about ideas instead of people.
• When you start focusing on being 'healthy,' instead of being 'skinny'.
• When you learn to forgive and ignore people's rude attitude towards you.
• When you build on your skills and long-term goals, instead of attaining materialistic things.
• When you create a life much more than just earning money.
• When you learn to incorporate patience in yourself during tough situations in life, instead of complaining about it.



© Copyright 2016 Meredith Goodrich (chiquita790 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2106278-Maturity