*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2106589-Redemption
Rated: E · Poetry · Emotional · #2106589
Mum left when I was 10, thankfully we built bridges before she died..
Redemption

The sorrow, affliction, the sadness the pain - I'm losing her, I'm losing her again!

Young and proud, my friends always loved her, her youth and beauty my cudo's at school.

Lucky to have her and gutted she went, but I grew up real focused, with a youth well spent.

She taught me to stand on my own two feet, to travel, live life, make friends and never admit defeat. The friends that I made along the way; that love for them is forever in my heart - there for my mother and I from the start.?????

Years on, and a lifetime in-between, a meeting of minds prevailed, sharing, vulnerability & fears, angst & tears, honesty, reflection and regret and finally acceptance.

I know her, I know her again..

Rekindling a relationship of a love never really lost, admiration, friendship, never a broken promise, no more cost, no more guilt - the slate was wiped clean..

Both fiercely independent, we flew on our own, supported, encouraged, loved and truly cherished. But never really alone - we both knew!

Out do each other's stories with a competitive edge, proof of our friendship, in jest, in jest... We laughed, we cried, we tried, we tried.. Never a detail not shared we knew each other well.. She cared she cared...

So I've grown up and mum's got me there, never really doubted me I know, through darkness came the light - we let our relationship flow.

The distance always difficult, but we've managed by far, the phone calls, time spent, quality, meaningful and special - comfort like no other I have ever experienced, we were always on par...

So I guess..... It has been a rocky old road, but the journey has made us both who we are and more importantly who we strived to be..

The end came far too soon, however, nothing left unfinished, no life long unknowing, watching or pain, powerless friends and family in total distain.

With love, pride and dignity never lost...

Truly loved as a mother, daughter, sister, aunty and friend - truly loved with a legacy living on through myself, Richard and Jay,

It really did happen, her way, her way.....
© Copyright 2016 Moreteakerrie (moreteakerrie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2106589-Redemption