*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2107398-Chapter-2The-Birthday
by Ellie
Rated: E · Fiction · Emotional · #2107398
It is time for a trip, ready or not here it comes!
I woke up and was relaxed and ready for the day ahead, until i realized what day it was. It was my birthday and i was turning 18.
The story of this trip ran through my head like a slide show “When i turned four i saw a picture of a girl with her friend in london, and after that at school i was learning about making goals for my life when we were older. So when i got home that day i told my mom when i turned 18 i wanted to go to London with my best friend like in the picture.”
I wasn’t ready for today and the year ahead. I started to check my bag for all the things i wanted to bring. I had 5 of my favorite shirts, 3 pairs of jeans, 2 tank tops, 4 sweaters, 2 pairs of sunglasses, 7 checkered skirts, 3 pairs of shorts, 2 pairs of boots, 1 pair of flip flops, 4 pairs of flats, 3 pairs of sneakers/teneshoes, and all the pictures i would need to bring so i wouldn’t miss home too much.
I saw all the blankets folded on my bed and everything alone in their places. My dad came and knocked on the door.
Later i was having a pancake cut out to spell london for my birthday, it was what i had every year on my birthday.
Ashley came in and looked really tired, i could tell why she had bags under her eyes, they were all puffy and red from crying. She was trying to pull off a smile but it was her lying smile.
“Where are your bags?” Ashley asked with a confused frown.
“I only need the one.” I answered.
Ashley looked at me like i was someone who just kidnapped a squirrel. She started to swipe her finger across every piece of furniture we had, while saying goodbye to it all. I ran upstairs and threw on black leggings, a yellow long sleeve shirt, a apron that said Granny’s on it, and white converse.
I had to work my last shift at my grandma's restaurant before i left for our trip.
I hopped into my subaru and drove down to 9th street where i parked my car, and walked into the back door of Granny’s. I walked into the kitchen and started to whip up all the starters(I had remembered them by heart). Chef lapaul came into the room and tasted every single one i made, he tasted them with a tiny fork.
As i was walking into the dining room with 3 starters i ran into grama. I set down the starters on a table and looked at gran with water coming out of my eyes.
Gran had a hiccup in her throat when she said “Nothing will be the same without you, I will miss you more than all the stars in the sky.”
I ran away to the tables and set the starters down. I was barely breathing, it was like the world had flipped upside down.
“Gran you light up my whole heart and i don’t know what i would do without you.”I said.
I ran into my subaru and drove off. I wanted to hold in the tears but i couldn’t. I started to sob and when i got home my bag was outside and there was our taxi waiting in the front.
Ashley came running out.
“I am super excited.” She said.
I said“Me too this will be the best trip i have ever had.”
I said goodbye to my parents and everything i loved, before i got in the taxi.
When we were in the taxi i was freaking out about cost and debt until i remembered my dad was a wealthy man and could help us with anything like that “If anything like that happened.”
“Ashley.”I said
“Yah” Ashley replied
I told her“We will be staying with my Aunt.Cosmic in her three bedroom apartment.”
Ashley nodded and looked out the window as we drove.
I couldn’t believe it, finally i was going to London.
© Copyright 2017 Ellie (friendlyellie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2107398-Chapter-2The-Birthday