*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2107708-Dream-Refund
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Poetry · Relationship · #2107708
?Poetry? Personal Account of a "relationship." Yeah.
DREAM REFUND

Now that you mention it, I do recall passing a sign that read "Dead End."
At the very end of that well worn path, beside the growing pile of now deceased best friends.
Rumors really are the most relentlessly likeable enemy.
Such experts in the art of blending in.
Able to disappear at will.
Searching to far outside will most certainly always guarantee that they're hidden within.
"Instincts," the crowd all screams as one, "are the only thing that you should trust."
And something about a so called heart, marking only the most righteous ways.
Though again when called upon the line never seems to exist.
An impossible mission, where even an accidental completion, doesn't feel the need to pay.
In record time the puzzle was solved.
With just enough time to secure an adequate hiding place.
Only enough room for one while the world keeps knocking.
An involuntary shutting of the most open eyes, a perfect crime except for the trail of guilt
That is infamous for being the most easy to trace.
Time will devour this mistake.
As only such an insatiable beast may do.
Memories will never begin to cover the costs.
Of knowingly murdering such precious time with you.
© Copyright 2017 James Cast (justjames00 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2107708-Dream-Refund