*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2111092-Clouds
Rated: E · Fiction · Inspirational · #2111092
Kibou loses a tournament against his rival, and then learns an important lesson.
Clouds
"This was it," He thought. The local tournament was finally going underway, and he was in the first round. Drops of sweat ran down his face. He knew he couldn't afford to lose because he was going up against his number one rival, Jerimoth. The speaker in the corner called his name. The local townsmen cheered as Kibou stared straight into Jerimoth's eyes. Jerimoth mouthed to him, "Try not to lose, Kibby." Kibou was about to spring up and tackle Jerimoth for saying that, but he didn't. Instead, he turned that anger into concentration and strength.
The announcer begun the match. The two opponents bowed then began. The match was soon over with Kibou standing left in despair. He was left in the shadows as the crowd cheering for the winner, Jerimoth.
An hour later he went back to training. He tried to ignore the emotions that were swirling inside. He kicked and punched a training dummy for minutes. Slowly, punch after punch and kick after kick, his emotions started seeping out. He fell back onto the ground crying.
"Now now young child, why are you crying?" Kibou's grandfather walked in with his walker clicking on the ground.
"Is it about the recent tournament?" The grandfather said as he lent his to Kibou. Kibou stood walking over to the chair by his grandfather.
"You have many losses to come, and yes each saddening, you mustn't let it stop you from doing your best!" The grandfather said taking a seat next to his frustrated grandchild. Kibou wiped off the tears and stare at the ground.
"I know you did your best, but you didn't train at all? What were you thinking if you thought you were going to win without training?" The grandfather said putting his hand on top of Kibou's.
"I guess, I just wanted to win but didn't prepare myself for it," Kibou said with more tears rolling down his face.
"Let me tell you a story," The grandfather said after some thinking.
"There was once a man named Cloud. Cloud like his many siblings created rain. After a while, Cloud realized that his siblings could do much more than just make rain. Some of his siblings could create colors after their work. At most only one or two, though. Cloud tried to do it but failed. He asked his brothers and sisters at how they could do such things. After knowing how to do it properly, Cloud practiced for years. Soon enough, He could make colors. He made seven colors with so many years of practice. His father called this a rainbow, which Cloud thought of it as a reward," He said.
"So, I need to practice?" Kibou said looking up into the eyes of his grandfather. His grandfather nodded
at Kibou with a smile. With hope now in his heart, Kibou practiced for the next tournament with all his might.
With Déjà vu, Kibou walked out onto the stage again, with the crowds cheering even louder than last time. Some people whispered that Jerimoth was just going to beat Kibou again. Kibou knew though that he wasn't going to lose. He practiced an entire year at his best just for this one moment It was exactly the same, but Kibou was going to make it different. With confidence, he bowed and the match begun.
Then, Kibou won. The tables were turned as a look of shock was painted on Jerimoth's face.

The End.
© Copyright 2017 G. L. Sparrow (glsparrow at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2111092-Clouds