*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2113972-In-your-hearts-happiness
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Monologue · Emotional · #2113972
Real life adventures of a hard working man
A hard working young man, who had been working 100-120 hours a week at a farm service center, driving auger trucks, fertilizer spreaders, and front end loaders, finally got off around 1 P.M. Sunday and headed home after three months of long days of 5 A.M. til 8:30-9P.M.
Upon returning home standing in the porch keys in hand to unlock the door, he noticed shadows peering out of the living room window to the left of the door and heard hushed voices, opening the door in a rush just in time to see his wife struggling to put on her shorts and to see a man running for the back door clothes in hand.
Elizabeth tells her husband that nothing had happened, and something about being a one time thing that would never happen again, but he couldn't be sure because he was deep in thought and still trying to come to terms of his life crashing around him.
Our young man gathers an arm load of his clothes from the closet still on hangers, goes and puts them in the truck while Elizabeth is yelling, crying and begging for her husband, "Just say something!!"
The young man looks at her without compassion, she once was his life, he would've given his life to protect her without hesitation, and now it's all gone in an instant.
He goes back inside to grab his father's class ring that he had inherited, Elizabeth still begging for him to speak, but he's afraid of what he may do, getting in his truck he finally looks to her standing there crying, now the neighbors have been aroused and are watching intently, through his own tear filled eyes he says, "In your hearts happiness lies the key to yourself, I hope you're happy with your choice in life because as far as I'm concerned, you no longer exist." Closing the door, the young man drove away without a second look back.
© Copyright 2017 hattdaddy (hattdaddy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2113972-In-your-hearts-happiness