*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2114357-YOu
Rated: E · Draft · Romance/Love · #2114357
Three peoms written about the "you" in my life.
Alexis Thomas

10-21-15

The "Social Media Speech" by Lexi Thomas

My friends, I had not intended to discuss this controversial subject at the particular time. However, I want you to know that I do not shun controversy. On the contrary, I will take a stand on my issue at any time, regardless of how fraught with controversy might be. You have asked me how I feel about Social Media. All right, here is how I feel about Social Media.
If when you say "Social Media" you mean the largest source of misinformation, the most worldwide procrastination cause, the loss of productivity from the great nation of America; the hopeless future for face-to-face communication; if you mean the reasoning behind my failing grade in ap chemistry, the cause for the suicide of several beautiful teens, the cyberbully that hides behind a computer screen and holds a little white iPhone in their hand that becomes the main source of depression to their classmates; if you mean the loss of activities this generation isn't getting the chance to experience, then I am certainly against it.
But if when you say "Social Media" you mean the oil of conversation, the glue that molds others together into one, the new friend you met on twitter last week and that stranger you share your darkest secrets with, the roof over a little girl's house due to her father being employed by Instagram; if you mean the quickest way of commutating with someone thousands of miles away from you, the pictures you "like" on Facebook of the boy you have never met, the effect of your finance asking you to go get coffee two years ago, if you mean the chance to see other's lives through a profile full of pictures and posts; if you mean the diary of a high school girl that just got her heart broken , the best friend you now spend every waking moment with, the main source of gossip and keeping up with your old friends from high school , then I am certainly for it.
This is my stand. I will retreat from it. I will not compromise.

© Copyright 2017 Lexi (lexiiithomas at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2114357-YOu