*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2117045-Dumb-stuff-we-believed
by Clay
Rated: 13+ · Article · Comedy · #2117045
Maybe I will make a part 2?
Dumb stuff we believed.

Disclaimer. I mean no offense or disrespect to the people included in this story.

Ok, so I am sure most of you that are older remember something stupid you beleived. Don't feel bad that you did though, that's what questions are for! By the way, if this gets enough attention I may do something where you guys can submit your stories to me, and I may hold a contest, however I am not begging this to be popular, you should be free to give feedback at your discretion. Having said that, let our list of cringe begin!

I believed that if you ate eggshell bits at all it would cut open your stomach and intestines and instantly kill you. I believed this because my grandma used to tell me this. Of course that's a lie because I have eaten eggshell before in small quantities from time to time on accident. Such as a boiled egg that has a speck of shell on it. Many people would be dead if this was true, however don't eat sharp things, it can hurt you, but due to the eggshell pieces being small and softened by the heat, it doesn't do much. DONT EAT NON FOOD OR SHARP THINGS! I am not getting sued over this. Lol.

So, I remember a few years back that me and my brother and sister got a surprise from mom. I forgot what my sister got but me and my brother got a special silly putty. I had glow in the dark kind. And he got a magnetic one. The specific name of his was "Magnetic thinking putty." It could pull in a magnet if you timelapsed the putty and the magnet close to it. But enough about that, anyway, he thought it was alive, and it might eat his hand. So for about a year the putty was mine since he thought it was evil. Ha XD

My grandma thought the trees made the wind. I don't know much about why she thought this, but she did. And that's strange. Imagine, when the trees get mad, they will summon a tornado and rip off the roof of your house. Lol that would suck. And I know because I was in a tornado that ripped the roof off, (if you want to hear more I will be writing an article about times of almost died)

Grandma had this rubber demon gorilla who had a hand missing. It looked awful. Anyway, my brother was scared of it because he thought it might bite him. So, being the great big brother I am, what else was I to do, other than terrorize him with it. "I'm laughing so hard my sides are going to split."

My grandpa was is afraid of grandma. XD (in a grandma nags and grandpa has to listen to it and get a scolding) "gosh older people are so funny when they have known each other for so many years and they do stuff together... it's so sweet." Grandma and Grandpa may be reading this so... "Hello!"

When I was little I thought that buffalo wings came from buffalo. Man, I cant tell you how many times I've seen a buffalo soaring above a Mountain with agility and grace!

I thought blue raspberry was a real thing. It's not. Look it up. IVE BEEN LIVING A LIE. But what I wonder is, why come up with this? There is no single thing I can think of that would create the need for a flavor to be a fruit that's a different color and that being the only thing. That's like saying you bought ketchup but it's purple garlic flavor. What's the point? Who would make that a mainstream thing. I understand it for being something quirky and unusual but it makes not sense for the way it is.

I was very little and my friend and I wanted an apple tree on the school playground. So after school I ate an apple and collected its seeds. At school the next day he brought lemon seeds because he didn't have an apple. So, we went and dug a small hole and planted them. It wasn't the right season, right conditions, and being like 5 or 6 or something, I thought the trees would wrap around each other as they grew and it would look like one tree that grew apples and lemons. And I would be popular! Of course let's be honest I am not the most calm kid, I bounce off the walls, I'm hyper alllll the time. Which I agree, is annoying to be around but, that's just me. To this day I have more energy than a nuclear power plant.

So, I think I am going to wrap things up, I may write a continuation of this. I am new so I need to get an idea of what you guys like, and what I should write about. I will see how the feedback for this story looks.

Chow for now!




© Copyright 2017 Clay (claysoldier08 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2117045-Dumb-stuff-we-believed