*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2118260-Regression
Rated: E · Chapter · Fantasy · #2118260
Fantasy book idea
Chapter one

Laying against the base of the elm he looked down upon his disfigured legs, while images of random places, Ideas and thoughts flowed freely through his consciousness without feeling. His exhaustion sapped all the life out of his body and mind as he lay motionless against the old tree.
He knew this place. It felt safe. That was enough. Smells and sounds filled his mind, but the terror of the night before subsided with the dawn. This was all new to him. The past only vivid images flashing through his minds eye like photo negatives.
The change had crept in slow at first. Little things that weren't so important. His morning routine slowly fell apart. Brushing his hair, shaving and even his morning walks became more and more erratic as the months passed by.
Then loss of concentration and the panic of what to do and where to be consumed his thoughts.
© Copyright 2017 Donvine (donvine at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2118260-Regression