*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2119143-oh-friend-i-wish-i-has-a-title
Rated: E · Monologue · Other · #2119143
ramblings and rantings
Why is it all a Challenge? Everything seems to be difficult for one or another. Its an apparent People pleasing competition that we are running, not life! "You must attend X or you will upset Y", "Y said something about X, what do you think?". People are out there living these lives of Adventure and Devotion. We as a Western Society are currently walking around with Blinders on, Who among us could Fend for themselves should push come to shove. Who among us? Without a new Phone, Without lining up for limited edition Shoes. I'm just as guilty as anyone who can relate, we shed sweat, blood and tears for an employer who doesn't care. To buy more things that don't matter, to create more Landfill which certainly does matter. But Dont worry Friend, we will ignore that issue, or at least pretend to care maybe even attend a rally. Dont worry though you wont change to much, never fear. You can still protest from the screen of your new iPhone, Scream and shout until your hoarse in the throat. The men in suits while use their sharp tongues to carve a reality more befitting of what is truly wanted. They can argue back and forth, "I Agree" "Ney, I Disagree". Round and round in this perpetual motion we shall travel friends, edging ever further to the brink of ....You Know I'm really not sure what we are pushing towards. we are certainly edging close to something. The optimist in me hopes its some form of enlightenment, an epiphany of sorts. A moment for all of Humankind to look back on as the moment we made a change a better. However the Pessimist in me has a stronger feeling we will more thank likely obliterate this earth in one way or another. A Mass suicide of sorts, of course none of us will agree to it in the end. I have no Doubt we will fight the good fight from the safety of an IP address, all the while men in sharp suits with sharper tongues will convince us that this is what we have always wanted. "Was nuclear destruction not in your plans? hmm", "Yes i must disagree with my opponent on this topic, i always thought we would simply fall of the Geo political tightrope in a spectacular fashion ending with a global,l collective splat". Ohh Friend, imagine the beauty of truer words spoken by the leaders of the good old two party preferred.
© Copyright 2017 Hughmiren (hughmiren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2119143-oh-friend-i-wish-i-has-a-title