*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2120484-Timeless
Rated: E · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #2120484
Harlan Hjelte made scavenger hunts, but could also be called a thief at the same time.
TIMELESS.          The world is unpredictable and unfortunate. Timeless acknowledges that and uses it to his advantage.
Harlan Hjelte was a homeschooled, single child genius whose dad died when he was just a baby. He was known for drawing elaborate scavenger hunts in his free time, that were extremely accurate. Using his thieving skills, Harlan would steal one of his mother's precious items and send her on a goose chase of a hunt. Using the pictures that he drew of the property, she would have to track down each and every clue. When she found the last object, she would would have to solve a riddle and the he would return the lost object. When he was little his mother thought he would never outsmart her. She made a deal with him that she would solve ALL the hunts within a certain amount of time. If she couldn't figure it out, he could keep whatever the object was and do whatever he pleased with it. For example, one time he stole the butler's phone. (by the way he lives on a very large estate) He had disabled and rewired it so it wouldn't get calls anymore. At this point any form of tracking wouldn't help. Not even security cameras, for they were altered to not record during a certain period of time, which is when he did his stunt. Everyone in the household knew the rules of his hunts, even the butler, but unfortunately, he didn't find his phone fast enough. These heists went on for many years, until one day when Harlan moved out and was never seen again.
Rayyan, Landon, Olive, and Shakwinya. These are the names of four teenagers whose lives will never be the same again. These individuals all excel at certain subjects, work together as a team exceptionally well. Rayyan is the brawn of the team. Landon is the brains. Shakwinya is the beauty. And Olive is the survivalist. Together they will make their way around the world in search of one prize. That's where I come into play. Who am I, you might ask? I guess you'll never know. Oh, the only catch is that none of these kids know each other even exist. But they all have one thing in common. They all have bedrooms on the third floor of a building.
And everything started when they found their window left open and a mysterious envelope left behind. Inside was a very detailed, hand drawn picture of an underground tunnel, just below the Eiffel Tower, and a note saying, "Look around and something is gone. To get it back, find me here." The note was signed, ~TIMELESS ....
My reading prompt to write this was, "It all started when the bedroom window on the third floor was left open."
© Copyright 2017 Tzipora (medievaltzips at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2120484-Timeless