*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2120928-The-Cold-Heart
Rated: GC · Fiction · Romance/Love · #2120928
"Ashley, I need a favor" - Rick
"You got this, Ashley. Keep it together." I mumbled to myself as an older lady showed me the way.

I walked up the stairs, careful not to touch anything on either side and as I approached the door, I took a deep breath and pushed it open. There he was, sitting directly across his desk.

"Well Ashley, I was not expecting your presence until later" he smiled.

"I'm not here for a chat session Rick, I knew you did it. I demand that you let go of my father" I stood right in front of him with my fist on the table.

"I'm disappointed that you're not here to see me, Ashley. I'm also hurt that you are here to accuse me of something I have no idea on.

What happened to your father?" he looked at me, his blue eyes looking straight into mine.

He stood up and walked towards me slowly. I turned away, not wanting him to look in my eyes and seeing how I really feel - standing in front of him in this foreign study room. I was afraid. Terrified. My insides were trembling but for my father, I knew I had to come.

"I knew you did it. You turned my father into a block of ice" I raised my voice.

He chuckled. "That's a very cute imagination you got there, Ashley. How can I .." he pointed at himself ".. do that?"

"I have no idea what voodoo magic shit you did but I saw you at the back alley of that club" I shook my head with disgust.

Rick's smile disappeared and he cleared his throat. His expression clearly betrayed him and for a moment, I saw something shifted in his eyes.

"He was asking for it" he folded his arms across his chest and leaned his hips against the table.

"He was a human being! You can't just do that to people. That's just so .. evil" I stammered.

Rick shook his head. "You don't understand men, do you? He was trying to get you to his house"

"Maybe I wanted to follow him home. Has it ever occurred to you to mind your own business?"

"You can't follow him home. I saw you first, I need you around and I can't have that sick bastard taking you home that night" he hissed.

"That still does not justify you turning him into ice and then smashing him into pieces. He was a human being!" I wiped my tears away.

Rick was trying not to smile. What a horrible being! How could he seek pleasure in destroying another being?

"Look, I don't care about what you did to that guy anymore okay? I'm here for my father. I need you to reverse whatever voodoo you did.

What do you need from him anyway? What did my father do to you?"

"I had to get you here. I need a favour" he said quietly, staring ahead.

I bit my lips. "I'm not helping you with murder"

"I don't need your help with that and please, it's not murder. It's justified eradication"

"Yea .. justified indeed. What the fuck are you?"

"Don't use that language around me, Ashley and if you really want to know .. I'm a wizard"

I rolled my eyes. "Right, so you wear cloaks and pointy hats. Do you live in a tower?"

"That's such a stereotype" he shook his head and reached out to touch me. I flinched and stepped back.

"I need you to let my father go"

"And I need a favour .."

I shook my head and turned to the door.

"What are you going to do about old pops?"

"I'll figure something out. I don't need you" I shouted.

"The only way to get your pops out of the ice is to smash him with a bat .. woosh ... oh no .. there goes old pops ... " he mocked me.

I turned around in anger and walked a few steps towards him.

"As long as it's not taking another life, fine. I'll grant you this one favour. Just let him go"

"You promised?"

"Yes yes .. I promise. Now let my father go unharmed and I'll help you with your heist or whatever magic trick you want to perform"

Rick nodded and rubbed his left thumb against his right wrist. He whispered a foreign word but all I could hear was my father's name in between them. A blue spark flashed across his thumb for a second and disappeared.

Just then my phone rang. It was my mother. I picked it up.

"That's great. Yeah, that was weird. Maybe it was just the weather or something but he's totally fine, now right? Alright ... okay .. take care" I smiled and hung up the call.

I looked up at Rick and my smile disappeared. He however was looking at me with determination.

"I've kept my promise. Now it's your turn" he walked towards me as he pulled a little black box from his pocket.

I watched in confusion as he pulled out a ring and tried to slip it on my finger. I gasped and pulled back but his grip was strong. Before I could even say anything, he pulled my hand up to his lips, watching me with his eyes. I pulled away and slapped him across the face.
He laughed. I was furious. What just happened? What the fuck just happened??

"Remember that favour you owe me?" he smiled.

Deep breath. I don't understand. Is this a nightmare? Why.. the ring?

"My dear Ashley, I need an heir" he smiled and turned to walk out.

I leaned back against the table. What?

"No no no no Rick. This is a mistake .. that's way ... "

"By the way, our wedding is in two hours"

He walked out of the room and I tried to run after him but the door was shut and I couldn't get out. I started crying in shock and pounded on the door with my fists. The ring ... I couldn't get it off. It just wouldn't come off.

I cannot marry this evil being. No way.












© Copyright 2017 the.broken.string (pinkbamboo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2120928-The-Cold-Heart