*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2122532-End-of-the-Line
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Lyrics · Other · #2122532
Song by the Traveling Wilburys
So, this was a super-group called The Traveling Wilburys. It’s super-singers were George Harrison, Roy Orbison, Tom Petty, Bob Dylan, and Jeff Lynne. RIP George Harrison and Roy Orbison.

This particular song is called End of the Line. It’s one of my personal favorites of their own songs and my favorite song ever. End of the Line is about anyone and everyone. It doesn’t matter who you are. Everyone goes through tough times and as long as you be true to yourself it’s okay.

The song actually starts out with the first version of the chorus with lead singer being George Harrison.
Well it’s all right, riding around in the breeze
Well it’s all right, if you live the life you please
Well it’s all right, doing the best you can
Well it’s all right, as long as you lend a hand

I’d say it’s self explanatory.

Here’s the first verse sung by Tom Petty.
You can sit around and wait for the phone to ring (End of the Line)
Waiting for someone to tell you everything (End of the Line)
Sit around and wonder what tomorrow will bring (End of the Line)
Maybe a diamond ring

My interpretation of that is don’t sit around waiting for something to happen to you. You have to get up and make it happen.

Second version of the chorus sung by Jeff Lynne.
Well it’s all right, even if they say you’re wrong
Well it’s all right, sometimes you gotta be strong
Well it’s all right, As long as you got somewhere to lay
Well it’s all right, everyday is Judgment Day

It’s okay to be wrong sometimes. Really? Of course! But it takes courage and strength to confess to what you did wrong. Everyone judges each other but as long you got somewhere to put your head down even if it’s on a hill watching the stars you’ll be okay.

Second verse sung by Tom Petty.
Maybe somewhere down the road aways (end of the line)
You’ll think of me, wonder where I am these days (end of the line)
Maybe somewhere down the road when somebody plays (end of the line)
Purple haze

Also self-explanatory except for the purple haze part. They all did a lot of drugs then so it could be an allusion to that time of their lives.

The third version of the chorus is sung by Roy Orbison.
Well it’s all right, even when push comes to shove
Well it’s all right, if you got someone to love
Well it’s all right, everything’ll work out fine
Well it’s all right, we’re going to the end of the line

The first three lines explain themselves. The last line about going to the end of the line means to keep going until the end.

The third verse is sung by Tom Petty
Don’t have to be ashamed of the car I drive (end of the line)
I’m glad to be here, happy to be alive (end of the line)
It don’t matter if you’re by my side (end of the line)
I’m satisfied

My interpretation of this portion is this; at the end of your life you should be proud of how far you’ve come.

The first two lines of the fourth chorus are sung by George Harrison and the next two lines of the fourth chorus are sung by Jeff Lynne.
Well it’s all right, even if you’re old and gray
Well it’s all right, you still got something to say
Well it’s all right, remember to live and let live
Well it’s all right, the best you can do is forgive

Just because you’re old doesn’t mean all that knowledge is gone. It might come out funny to the younglings but they’ll figure it out later in life. Also, the best thing in your life is forgive so you don’t have any regrets in your life and can move forward.

In the final chorus the lead singers flip so Jeff Lynne is singing the first two lines and George Harrison is on the last two lines.

Well it’s all right, riding around in the breeze
Well it’s all right, if you live the life you please
Well it’s all right, even if the sun don’t shine
Well it’s all right, we’re going to the end of the line

Basically, it means that no matter what happens to you in life you’ll be alright in the end.
© Copyright 2017 Elvis Knight (19drwho92 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2122532-End-of-the-Line