*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2123106-Rainy-Day
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by JXDkid
Rated: E · Short Story · Personal · #2123106
Walking on a rainy day.
I walked through my neighborhood on a rainy afternoon. It wasn’t a storm so there was no lightning, no thunder, just the soft pitter-patter of rain on my umbrella. The rain wasn’t a downpour, but it wasn’t so soft as the not ruin a picnic. Pitter-patter, pitter-patter, pitter-patter. I felt the rhythm of the rain as it bounced of my umbrella, it felt like it was calling out to me, like it needed me. Something, I don’t know what, possessed me to close my umbrella and feel, and I felt, and as the tears of god washed over me it filled me with something, not strength, not courage, not faith, nothing so concrete as those, but something none the less, something otherworldly, something disheartening, yet empowering. I bathed in that something, I let it coat my entire being, until a shiver ran down my spine as the chill of the rain began to pass the point of comfort. I opened my umbrella, and continued my walk, using the rhythmic drumming of the rain as it bounced off my umbrella to meditate on what I had felt.
© Copyright 2017 JXDkid (jxdkid at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2123106-Rainy-Day