*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2123699-An-Imaginary-Conversation-wih-JK
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by parry
Rated: E · Fiction · Spiritual · #2123699
If I could talk with JK
Me: you should be more responsible , you know. You're misleading people with all this talk about meditation is not concentration, it's about having no centre and all that.

JK: Why so?

Me: Well, for starters, it's very diffcult to do it...

JK: It's not. It's very easy.

Me: It might be, for you. But for me, I'm on the other side of the bridge...

JK: What bridge?

Me: Well, there's this big gulf between people like me and and people like you, who are "enlightened" so to speak. Me, I'm even beginning to think there's no such thing as enlightenment.

JK: There's not.

Me: What do you mean?

JK: There's no such thing as enlightenment. There's no difference between you and me. There's no bridge and no gulf.

Me: But you seem to have got it all together, and I'm scattered all over the place...

JK: It's a question of attention. Your attention is on the world . Move your attention from the details of your life and bring it to rest on you, on what is essentially you. On the eternal "I AM", which is what you are, what I am, and which is really the only real thing.

You might remember I once told you about living without using the will. That's what I meant. Leave the externals to take care of themselves. Pay attention to what matters.

I believe that's what Jesus meant too, when he said "Therefore do not be anxious, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’... But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you"

Me: So OK, but there's still one problem... you said bring your mind to rest on what is essential... my mind can't rest at all. It jumps about all over the place.

JK: Well, that's what meditation is for. To train your mind to rest. Keep at it. You'll get there. (Except you're already there, of course, if you could only see it.)
© Copyright 2017 parry (teece at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2123699-An-Imaginary-Conversation-wih-JK