*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2123921-Casing
by Arclus
Rated: E · Fiction · Comedy · #2123921
Flash Fiction
“…and below the balcony, the guards change shifts every three hours, so- Lawrence! Are you sleeping?”

“Not at all, sir. Definitely not.” Said Lawrence, yawning. Master’s plan was lengthy and layered. Lying under the sycamore tree, watching the hustle and bustle of the mansion staff in the summer heat was enough for old Lawrence to lower his guard.

“Perhaps I missed a few crucial details, could you explain it to me one more time.”

Lord Adam, the mastermind, groaned. “Cannot be helped, I suppose.” He handed him the binoculars. When Lawrence looked through, he barely saw anything. The glass was badly stained and dusty. “It’s simple, we’ll enter through the second-floor window, from the roof after climbing that tree. Then, we steal the jewelry from Lady Elise’s drawer, sneak downstairs when the family is dining at eight, and flee, booty in tow when the guards have changed shifts."

“Do you really want to cause harm to Lady Elise? She has a charity gala coming up this month. It would be a terrible shame if she had nothing to wear.”

“That’s exactly the point Lawrence! This is revenge!” Said Adam, the conspirer, stomping his foot. “Lady Elise must pay for what she’s done for my family.”

“Seems kind of unreasonable,” Lawrence remarked, turning around to find a distinguished gentleman standing aside them. “Good day Professor, is it time for lord’s lesson yet?”

“It was, a quarter of an hour ago.” He responded with a thick German accent. Lord Adam, the troublemaker was about to flee but Lawrence’s grip on his shoulder was firm. “Forgive me, he was absorbed in a plot against his stepmother. And so was I.”

Later that day he went to bed, not having eaten his dinner (duck and gravy). Lawrence was given a raise for his troubles.

///

Words: 300
© Copyright 2017 Arclus (arclus at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2123921-Casing