*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2124449-The-Carsons
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Other · Death · #2124449
come in and see
The trees whistled in the wind no they howled thick branches banged on the window, they knew oh they knew. The sin I commit tonight they knew yes, they knew. Mother and father lied in bed just three doors down from me. I wondered if they lay awake at this very moment in fear of me, they're precious child. We had come down this weekend to escape the news. The glares of our neighbors I don’t think my parents could continue to handle the stares. I gazed out the window staring at the tree they knew, they must have known the way they banged and howled against the window. They're glares beating down on my window they knew how I killed her they knew. They knew of the need I felt, the adrenaline that coursed through my body as I wrapped my hands around her dainty little neck. The satisfaction I felt as the life drained from her eyes right before me. I wonder if they knew of my plans for the night. What my parents would make me do, while they lied in their bed waiting for me to commit another horrendous act. Two doors past my parents room my aunt, uncle, and cousin slept peaceful unknowing that this would be their last nights on this earth.
They told me to make it quick not to leave a mess. I told them with three people it would be difficult not to leave a mess. That was hours ago now I waited for the perfect moment to strike. Sweet Cousin Kate would be first, oh sweet little Kate. We might have been the same age but we were far from the same. While she was innocent, sweet, and naive I was what my mother would call a monster. An abomination, something that should have never be allowed to roam this world.
Creaking of a door pulled me from my thoughts. Dainty feet padded down the whole to the bathroom I crept out of my bed reaching over my dresser for the hunting knife I place there earlier. Slowly opening my dresser, I made my way to the only room with a light source I could hear the water from the sink. Leaned back against the door wall and listen as Kate closed the faucet and dried her hand. Closing my eyes as she opened the bathroom door making her way out reaching a hand out I covered her mouth pulling her back against me placing the knife against her neck. I could feel her carotid pulse under the blade of the knife.
“Shy Kate.” I whispered running the blade up in the down her neck I could feel the copper tint of the blood as the knife nicked her.
She opened her mouth against my hand before clamping down on the flesh trying to get me to release her it just made me press the knife closer to her throat. I slowly began to drag her back towards my room as she tired to fight me off. It was a good thing she didn’t weigh that much at all. Pulling her into my room I left the door open continuing to pull her through the room entering my bathroom which father had so kindly made sound proof. Dropping her on the ground I kicked the door close locking it. She lied on the ground blood leaking from a shallow wound on her neck.
© Copyright 2017 R.L. Lewis (r.l.l at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2124449-The-Carsons