*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2125298-The-Story-of-Night-Prayer-Oath
Rated: ASR · Chapter · Health · #2125298
Warning, this story deals with anorexia and homosexuality. (The writing might be bad.)
The Story of Night Prayer Oath . . . in other words, the story of a broken boy. That kid that everyone whispers about, the one with the long, ebony hair. The one with dull brown eyes, tan skin and painted fingernails. The one who wears baggy striped clothing, and fails at every subject in school. The one with pimples and black spots on his face. The one with bad teeth.
The one who would not eat a thing.
In the neighborhood where young Night lived, it became obvious he did not eat. He walked to school every morning, giving the adults who got their mail at that time a chance to glance at his figure. Even with all of his baggy clothing, his skinny body was still so obvious. The way his shirt hung on him and reached down to his thighs like a dress, and the way he almost tripped over his combat boots. The only thing on him that fit was the jewelry on his earlobes; two, silver earrings in the shape of stars. The neighbors often gasped in shock when they saw him, but, even though Night heard and understood it, he never acknowledged it.
It wasn't that his mother didn't give Night food or anything of the sort, it was that he did not want to eat. He refused to consume breakfast, lunch, or dinner; he only at two small snacks a day, which was hardly healthy for a fourteen year old boy.
Night wasn't always like this, either. In fact, he used to be chubby. He used to love his mother's cooking, going out for ice-cream with his friends, and snacking on potato chips on occasion. He LOVED food. And why did he stop? The answer was simple.
Peer pressure.
In school, everyone was talking about how much weight they'd lost, how much they exercised, how ugly fat people were. It seemed that all of the students thought that fat was ugly, for some reason. It irritated Night, but he never did anything about it. He didn't mind what other people thought about things, as long as they left him alone.
But one day, Night was watching TV with his friends. In one of the commercials, a woman described how weight loss changed her life, and how beautiful she now was. She talked about how being overweight was terrible, and that she thought exercise and eating less was the solution to all her problems. Night's friends paid no mind, instead talking about the new superhero movie that came out. Meanwhile, Night was fully absorbed in the commercial. He was starting to believe that being skinny made someone perfect.
Obviously, this wasn't true. But Night had been seeing things like this for some time. Posters in the mall, the internet discouraging weight gain. Night was starting to think that maybe he SHOULD lose weight. Just a little, not too much, just until he was thin. Just until he was like the skinny people he was seeing.
And that was when Night Prayer Oath developed anorexia nervosa.
© Copyright 2017 Deidre Leeche (deidreknife at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2125298-The-Story-of-Night-Prayer-Oath