*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2126125-The-limbo-between-life-and-death
by Joy
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Death · #2126125
Have you ever been exposed to a death like experience?
They say your life flashes before your eyes right in the moment you are about to cross to the other side. Yet, that didn't happen to me.
I don't even know how I got there, all I remember were the doctors and nurses rushing around me trying to save me. My eyes were shut closed and I tried my hardest to open them yet I couldn't. I wanted to tell them I was in pain, I wanted morphine or something to ease the feeling in my aching body. It was agonizing laying there hopeless, not being able to communicate and unaware of what was happening to me.
After what seemed like an eternity my body was finally numbed. And than all of a sudden my mind went blank. A couple of minutes passed by and I couldn't hear them anymore.
Was I dead? Asleep? In coma?
Terror was what I felt right there in that moment. I was all alone and I didn't know where.
Before long, I felt an electric shot that ran thru my body, and before I knew it I was awake. My body still immobilize I laid there in a hospital bed feeling hopeless. All I could manage to think about was the fact that I had been in the limbo between life and death, yet my own life didn't flash before my eyes, all I ever felt was fear, desperation, anxiety and pain.
Tears rushed down my cheeks.
© Copyright 2017 Joy (joyiam at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2126125-The-limbo-between-life-and-death