*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2127181-Time-for-strong-scripts-and-screenplays
Rated: E · Critique · Reviewing · #2127181
A review on Pakistan films.

Time for strong scripts and screenplays:

We frequently listen about a phrase used by our artists "Revival of Film Industry". This is true that we have come a long way in making films, not that much as compared to Bollywood, but yes, we make 30 or 40 films per year now. Last year, our new talented fresh faces made super doper hits like "Mah Mir", "3 Bahadur: Revenge of Baba Alam"," Maalik"," Zindagi Kitni Haseen Hai"," Lahore se Aagey"," Ho Mann Jahaan" and "Janaan". This young talent is working hard for the sake of the film industry But still there is a long way to be covered. As a critic, I have noticed that Pakistani films are based on very weak story scripts. Linger in mind that I have come to express this statement after watching these films:

WRONG NO:

Wrong no. is considered the best film of 2015 but still it had a very weak script. a comedy film which features Danish Taimoor in double role, one is a son of butcher who wants to be an actor and the second is the grandson of a rich businessman, but due to an incident the butcher's son became the businessman and the businessman was imprisoned for fleeing from the house by the butcher. The roles were very well played but the missing legacy of the story script and poor screenplays affected a lot.

JAWANI PHIR NAHI ANI:

A super doper hit from our very beloved Nadeem Baig with a story revolving around four friends in which three were very afraid of their wives while one was an unmarried lawyer. JPNA's screenplay was superb as the film was shot in Bangkok and with stars who played their roles very passionately but story was neither impressing nor logical as where will you find too much "Kund Zehan" wives.

KARACHI SE LAHORE:

Not a very successful film in terms of business but applauded by many, Karachi se Lahore's screenplay disappointed a lot as the actors Shehzad Sheikh, Ayeasha Umer and Eshita Syed did not do justice with their roles or the director did not carefully choose the characters. Apart from that, some scenes were missuited which were not necessary. The whole story was fascinating revolving around a roller coaster of a road trip from Karachi to Lahore.

BACHAANA:

A film with not very strong script made its way to box office and became successful. Bachaana had however a weak script and screenplay featuring Muhib Mirza and Sanam Saeed in lead roles. The story revolved around an Indian girl and a Pakistani cab driver who faced many difficulties in a foreign land. The film was shot in the beautiful locations of Mauritius.

ISHQ POSITIVE:

A comedy film not with lot of comedy, did not rock on box office neither had a strong script or screenplay. featuring Nor Bukhari and Wali Hamid, the weak story revolved around a girl who left her home because she did not want to marry and met with his sister in law 's husband (to be) and when they reached home, they realized they fell in love with each other. There were acting flaws in the film which seem to affect the film.

Many other films including Halla Gulla, Swaarangi, Maya, Jalaibee and BinRoye from 2015, Oye Kuch Kar Guzar, Gardaab, Rahm, Jeewan Hathi, Blind Love, Dance Kahani, Sawal 700 Crore Dollar Ka, and Hotel from 2016, Raasta, Whistle and Chale They Saath from 2017 failed in leaving impressing legacy in audiences' minds.















© Copyright 2017 Atika Khan Yousufzai (atikakhan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2127181-Time-for-strong-scripts-and-screenplays