*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2129089-A-Walk-In-My-Garden
Rated: E · Poetry · Personal · #2129089
Poetry about my view of life after cancer diagnosis
In what month in what day in what minute are we? The tick tock of the faceless clock deafening.
I'm running a race against time.
How much truth can I learn in a minute? Like the waves crashing on the shore powerful one after another giving and taking. Learning the truth is akin to it. With every truth I gain knowledge and a piece of myself and as I accept this truth I must let go of the old ways of thinking.
Everything is a blur as I try to accept my fate. I whisper to God in the darkness to give me strength to free my soul from worldly beliefs and to direct my thoughts to the heavenly realms.
I try to apply the brakes to slow everything down. I want to stop counting the years and be present in the minutes.
The seconds in the minute that the hummingbird spreads its wings 70 times and it's heart beats 1,260 times.
Or the honey bee working tirelessly to fill her pollen baskets as her wings beat 300 times per second. The dragon fly only beats 30 but has two sets of wings.
The rush of the wind through the trees as the oak and the spruce stand guard around my castle. All the while the choir of songbirds rides the waves of air penetrating my ears and soothing my soul. The warmth of the sun so bright my eyes dare not look upon it.
A world splashed with color. Flowers all in bloom spring is my favorite season. The familiar smell of Hyacinth gives way to the lilacs and gardenias as I ponder my place amidst all this grandeur.
I find God in the quiet moments when I stop and pay attention to all the space that surrounds me. When in that second I hear my own heart beat. I am aware of my breath in and out and I am transported to a place where only joy and love exists. No sickness can harm me here in the heavenly realm.
© Copyright 2017 Lisa Grove46311 (lgrove0715 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2129089-A-Walk-In-My-Garden