*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2129261-A-True-American-Hero
Rated: E · Other · Biographical · #2129261
It is a speech of what a true american hero should be.
What do you think of when you hear the word “Hero”. A cape wearing, sky flying, crime fighting superhero? Since you were a kid you might of thought superman, batman, and wonder woman were your favourite childhood superhero. But a hero is not always someone who has laser vision or saves a damsel in distress.

A real American hero could be someone who tries to create equality like Susan B. Anthony did in when she got the women’s rights vote in 1919. A hero could also be someone who helps people in a time of need. Like Dolly Parton continues to do every month when she donates $1,000 to every family who lost their homes in the Smoky Mountain Fire. Also a hero could be someone who puts their life at risk to save another's life. Someone who has done this is Lt. Ted Anderson. When the american airline flight 77 crashed into the pentagon Lt. Anderson carried 7 people out and helped 3 more out.

Hero’s possess many character traits like bravery. Some heroes that possess this trait is Robert Squibb, John Duncan. Robert Squibb and John Duncan both possess the character trait bravery because they are both retired chief of police. Police officers risk their life every day to save others. Hero’s are also Inspirational like Elizabeth Cady Stanton. She inspires others to fight for what they believe in. Another inspirational hero is Helen Keller she inspires others to pursue their dreams.Lt. Ted Anderson encourages others to be brave. A hero needs to be humble, not proud or arrogant but modes.

Susan B. Anthony once said “Men their rights and nothing more Women Their rights and nothing less”. This quote means that Susan thinks that women should get the same laws as a man. Susan also said “I declare to you that women must not depend upon the protection of man but, must be taught to protect herself and there I take my stand.

Susan B. Anthony was born on February 15, 1820. She had seven siblings. Early on in her life she decided to fight to end slavery. After the civil war she focused on women’s rights. She held equal rights events, made the revolutionary weekly publication. In 1869 she founded the national woman's suffrage association.Then in 1872 she took matters into her own hand she voted illegally in the presidential election. She went to jail and was supposed to pay a $100 fine but never did. Thanks to her women can now vote, Run in a presidential Election and hold a government position.

Not all heroes are of the Human species. A Californian hiker was hiking and out of nowhere jumped a mountain lion. He jumped on The hiker. Then a grizzly bear came to the rescue and fought off the mountain lion. The hiker only had minor injuries. Also a family's house was broken into by four armed robbers. The house pet Lefty saved the owner’s life by taking a bullet in the chest. The dog made a full recovery. These animals might not be humans but they still one some heroic acts.

You might of thought that Iron man, Captain America and Thor were real heroes but now you know heroes don't wear capes or fly in the sky. But hero’s do save lives fight for equality and inspire others.
© Copyright 2017 Macy Maverick (im_not_normal at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2129261-A-True-American-Hero