*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/portfolio/item_id/2129369-THE-CURSE-OF-THE-SHE-WOLF---PART-123
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Folder · Fantasy · #2129369
Devon and Lilly's friendship blossom. And Devon's older identical twin brothers arrive.
CHAPTER THREE

Devon immediately rushed to my side. "Lilly, you got to listen to me, OK? I know it's painful, but you got to control it," he told me calmly.

I cried out in pure agony as my bones snapped and broke and began forming into wolf bones. I raised my head up to meet his gaze with my golden wolf eyes. "I can't control it," I said before I screamed out again. My skin kept falling off to the floor in strips exposing grey wolf fur. "It's happening too fast! I can't control it!"

He quickly stood up and ran to the door and locked it so no one could come in.

"Get out of here!" I cried, before screaming again.

"No, I'm not leaving you, Lilly!" Devon told me as he came back to my side.

My back twisted in a deformed way as it split in two exposing grey wolf fur. My face split in two as well as it transformed into a grey wolf's face. Within seconds my entire human body had transitioned into a grey wolf. I shook my wolf body and my coat fluffed up.

Devon stared back with shock at first and then a smile curled around his lips.

My wolf upper lip began to curl under into a snarl as I stared at him with my wolf eyes.

"Lilly, it's me," he said gently. He lowered his head slightly and lifted up his eyes that had changed to a golden colour.

I stopped snarling and stepped closer to him.

Devon stroked me and felt how soft my grey and white coat was. He laughed when I licked his left hand with my wolf tongue. "You can control it," he told me telepathically.

I went down on my front paws and transitioned back into human form. I raised my head up slowly and looked down at my human hands. I was shocked. How was that even possible? I looked up at Devon, "I controlled it like you said!" I said, amazed. I threw my arms around him and noticed he was a little awkward and then I glanced down and realised I was naked. I covered up quickly with the towel.

He stood up and picked up my clothes from off the chair that Tracey had left and handed me them. Devon turned away as I quickly put them on.

"Want to get out of here?" he asked.

I nodded my head shyly.

Devon took my left hand in his. With his right hand lifted up my chin to meet his gaze. "You don't have to be afraid of me, I won't hurt you ever," he said.

For the first time, I saw the sincerity in his green eyes, something I hadn't seen in any one's for a very long time. I smiled and then my blue eyes widened in shock as his eyes were turning golden.

"Your eyes, they're," I said softly.

Devon quickly turned away. But then turned back and his eyes were green again. "Let's go, we've missed the afternoon classes anyway," he said. He took my hand in his as he unlocked the door and we left the swimming locker rooms.

Devon and I had left the school property and took a walk into the woods at the back of the high school. We walked in silence for a bit and then we stopped at a top of a hill over looking a wood cabin. He sat down and I sat down also.

I gazed around with amazement at the sheer beauty of the woodland. The memory of his eyes changing colour and when I was in wolf form came back to me. I didn't know whether I should bring it up. But I was curious as to how he knew how to control the wolf change.

As if reading my mind, Devon turned to me and cleared his throat. "You're probably wondering how I know how to control the change, right?" he asked.

I shyly nodded my head with my black hair in my face.

He lifted my head up and our eyes met. "You don't have to be shy around me. I'm nothing like those creeps at school. I'm an outcast as well," he said with a laugh. "You're not a freak. If you're a freak, then I am too."

That made me laugh. And Devon laughed along with me.

"You're very pretty, don't let those creeps tell you otherwise."

My cheeks reddened as I blushed.

He laughed. "I'm sorry, I'm making you blush," he said, smiling.

"Tell me how you can control it," I said softly.

Devon took a moment to think, and then began telling me a bit about his backstory.

"I found out I was a shape-shifter - werewolf when I was ten when I watched my older identical twin brothers, Leo and Theo, change into wolves one night. My mum had told me that my brothers and I had inherited the wolf gene from our late father. After my first change, I couldn't control the animal impulse to chase and kill anything that moved." He paused and looked at me. "Yes, I did kill some innocent people. But then I was able to control the killing instinct, control the change."

"What about your brothers?" I asked.

"Leo and Theo are impulsive. They are able to control the change if they wanted to, but they don't. They love being wolves."

"And you don't?"

"I do and I don't. I don't like experiencing the pain when becoming a wolf, but when I am one, I feel so alive and carefree," he told me with a happy sigh and smile.

"That sounds cool," I told him. I got to my feet. "I have to be back home soon."

Devon got to his feet and our eyes met. He smiled and I smiled back. He leant slowly down to kiss me and I didn't turn my head away. I had my eyes closed as his soft and warm lips pressed against mine. Devon took my right hand in his.

"I will teach you how to properly control the curse, but think of it more of a blessing than a curse," he told me. "Come on, I'll walk you back."

We started to walk back the way we came.



Two black wolves watched us with interest from a distance between trees and changed into identical handsome young men.





PORTFOLIO  
Portfolio -> THE CURSE OF THE SHE-WOLF - PART 1,2,&3
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/portfolio/item_id/2129369-THE-CURSE-OF-THE-SHE-WOLF---PART-123