*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2130014-Last-Page-of-Untitled-Novel
by russ
Rated: NPL · Draft · Crime/Gangster · #2130014
Starting a novel inspired by Hip-hop, spirituality and scifi. This is not final
Chris notices that coinciding with every movement forward, is a burst of knowledge he could simply not explain. He then realizes every step becomes exponentially lighter. Almost feeling as though he is being alleviated from some type of physical constraint. Realizing now that he is sailing effortlessly towards whatever the object was. Simply by conjuring the thought in his consciousness, Chris is able to move forward without any actual, physical force. He is now mere feet in front of the object. Upon gazing into it, the object is much more than some iron plated orb. As planets, and vast star systems seem to be fading outward from the core of the orb. He witnesses all the history of Earth in seconds. Seeming to understand and create thought on many significant details of the past, all happening in these seconds. Almost as if time is beginning to dissipate and make less and less sense. Simultaneously, it starts to become harder and harder to concentrate on his environment. As it seems to just fade away as well. Now feeling as though he is floating in a deep, deep meditative state, Chris reaches out, almost mindlessly, to the levitating orb. As he raises his hand, he sees his entire arm is translucent, warping the space around him. It is apparent that his entire body has succumb to this altered state. As if his being is extremely dense and creating its own dent in space time, pulling objects into his own orbit. The orb now revolving around him as if they are the only two existences in the entire universe. Chris attempts to reach out for the orb again. He is successful in making contact with the slight touch of a couple of his finger tips. Just as his fingers reach the orb, everything freezes. As if life is nothing but a video to be paused. Then Chris seems to be absorbed by the orb. It turns dark and extremely dense, starts spinning rapidly until it implodes into the most immaculate sight. Like fireworks filled with galaxies and stars. Simply exploding into existence and being stuck in space. So much inspiration, hope and wonder to be found throughout its creation. What is there? What beauties manifest themselves, waiting to be captured by the consciousness of some soul? This, is the beginning.
© Copyright 2017 russ (rusoul at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2130014-Last-Page-of-Untitled-Novel