*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2132135-Its-in-the-Script
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Fanfiction · #2132135
Emilia Clarke doesn't want to say her lines.
Sig for nominees



Written for Game of Thrones, Week 4 Writing Prompt
2nd Place Winner, Game of Thrones

Word Count: 903

**************

“Daeneyrs would never say this.”

“But it’s in the script.”

“I refuse.” Actress Emilia Clarke frowned, clutching her script. She sat in the hairdressing chair and her hairdresser, Bess, applied her blonde wig.

“Look, I didn’t write this, but I have to direct it.” Director Matt Shakman folded his arms across his chest. Emilia tried not to roll her eyes. She had to be true to her character. A lot of directors had no sense of character integrity. It was all about the computer generated graphics for them.

“Well, whoever wrote this TRIPE obviously doesn’t know Daeneyrs would never say this.”

“The producers said it’s meant to be a red herring.”

“And you believed them?”

Matt shrugged his shoulders. “You know the rumor mill when it comes to this show. The more red herrings the better. I heard they were paying you handsomely to say Daenerys ends up with Jorah.”

“That’s different.”

“Is it?” Matt raised an eyebrow.

“Look, if you want to float rumors around they have to be smarter than this. The fans aren’t stupid.”

Emilia’s hairdresser tapped her shoulder. “You’re done, Sweetie.”

“Thank you, Bess.” Emilia straightened her costume and stiffened her shoulders. She glanced in the mirror. Camera ready.

“No fan believes Daenerys ends up with Jorah, either.” Shakman rubbed his goatee. “Let’s film the scene 2 ways. One with the offending dialogue and one without.”

“Matt, I’m not saying this in character.”

They walked side by side, down the hall to the green screen. Kit Harington was there dressed in heavy furs, undoing his man bun. He flashed Emilia a smile.

She smiled back. Kit was a cutie, but he was taken. If Jon Snow was taken, Daenerys would probably emote angst for the entire season.

Jerome Flynn and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau walked onto the set in costume.

“Well, I’m ready. Let’s hop on the dragons and fight the White Walkers,” said Jerome. Bless his soul. Emilia could smell his Irish Spring soap, but he was dressed in character and looked like a grub worm.

“Not so fast. Emilia has a problem with the script.” Matt held up a thick set of stapled papers.

Nikolaj put his hands on his hips. “Oh, don’t be fussy, Emilia. I want to ride a dragon and kill White Walkers. It’s gonna’ be my first time.”

“What’s the problem? Just adlib the line,” Kit volunteered.

“I wouldn’t have a clue what to say.”

“Give it a shot.” Nikolaj smiled and put his hand on the hilt of his sword.

Emilia cupped her chin. “I don’t like your idea. We’re going to do it my way?”

“Boy, your character is bossy,” said Jerome.

“We’ll that’s something Daenerys would say – to Tyrion.”

“Nah, that doesn’t sound like her,” said Kit.

“Emilia, don’t adlib.” Matt called over his shoulder. He looked at the computer guys who generated two dragons on the green screen.

“You can’t pay me to say the line that’s in the script.”

“Can I bribe you to say it?” Jerome pulled out a Twix bar from his vest pocket.

“What are you doing with that?” Nikolaj glared at Jerome.

“Nip of chocolate takes the nerves away.” He opened the wrapping and stuffed the two Twix bars into his mouth. Crumbs fell onto the floor.

“If I ate that, I’d gain 10 pounds,” said Emilia.

“We need to block the scene.” Matt pointed at the green screen. “Emilia can you stand beside Drogon?”

Emilia took her place. Kit sided up to her.

“Ya know, I bet if you offered a candy bar to Jerome, he’d say that line that you don’t want to say,” Kit whispered.

Emilia’s eyes lit up like Christmas tree lights. “That’s perfect!” She paused. “But I don’t have any candy bars on me.”

Kit put his hands on her shoulders and guided her toward the computer guys who were generating the dragons on the green screen. Twix, Snickers, and Rolos littered the table. “All you have to do is swipe one.”

Emilia chuckled. “I like that idea.” She walked away from the green screen and over to Matt. He looked up past his script so she could only see his eyes.

“What are you up too?” Matt asked.

“You know, Drogon doesn’t look quite right to me. He’s a little on the purple side today.”

“Gus, C’mon, you know Drogon isn’t purple. Make him a little more on the gray side.”

Emilia watched the computer guys tweak the color on the computer. As she watched, she slid her hand over the table and grabbed a Snickers bar.

“There. Better?” Matt asked.

“Perfect.” Emilia approached Jerome who stood next to Nikolaj. “Jerome, do you want to say this line that I don’t want to say?”

His eyes narrowed. “What’s in it for me?”

She held up the Snickers bar.

Jerome chuckled. “Sure, I’ll do it.”

Emilia whispered in his ear.

“Okay, I got this.”

“Enough flirting Emilia, let’s go!” Matt called out.

Emilia flashed Matt a devious smile and took her spot next to Drogon. “I’m ready.”

“And…Action!” Matt exclaimed.

Daenerys held out her hand to Jon Snow. “Hurry!”

“Are you sure we’re doing the right thing?” Jon Snow asked.

Bronn and Jaime ran over to Daenerys and Jon. Wind from the wind machine blew in their faces. Bronn pointed toward Rhaegal. ”Stuff your morals! We’re the good guys!” Then he licked the chocolate off his lips.


© Copyright 2017 StephBee - House Targaryen (sgcardin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2132135-Its-in-the-Script