*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2132477-The-final-End
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Emotional · #2132477
It's a really short story I wrote while listening to piano music.
You stand in complete darkness, nothing is around you. No sound, nothing. You start to walk, you can't hear your footsteps as you move in darkness. You don't know how late it is, nor what time. Although it's completely dark you don't feel threatened or in danger as you walk. You suddenly notice a small light, it shines out of nowhere, seems to fly. As there's nothing else you wander towards it, slowly getting bigger. You feel warmth and a breeze coming from it.

As you near things start to change, the ground isn't dark anymore it is sandy, a few rocks scattered around in it. You look back to the light which was twice the size before, as big as you. As you walk small rock formations come to light, then bigger ones. Then a cactus, somehow you don't care to think of the why.

You close up to the light, it was by now gigantic like a huge mountain, it almost felt like you could touch it. Then the light surrounded you, "I think it's time to go", the soft voice came from nowhere but sounded warm and familiar, "You've been through enough, time to go".

The light around you perishes and you stand in the desert on a cliff down to the wide fields of the west. You look down, in front of you was a small grave, the name of your deceased wife stood on it, "You're right, time for me to leave as well". You sit down in front of the grave, as a hand lied on your shoulder, "See you soon", you lie your hand on hers, smile a last time as you fall to the ground. From your body your soul emerges and you see your wife standing in front of you, "Come now", you both smile as you disappear into little sparkles traveling up to the sky.

The final end


P.S.
Thanks for reading this far. I just came up with it while listening to piano music and posted it here afterwards. Also, english isn't my first language so there might be some (or a lot) grammatical errors I've overlooked (Couldn't recognice as such).

Regardless, thanks for reading.
© Copyright 2017 webscratched (webscratcher at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2132477-The-final-End