*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2135127-What-I-Believe-In
Rated: E · Essay · Inspirational · #2135127
Just a fun wright off of a prompt.
What I Believe In

                                                     By: Limelight

         I believe in Justice. Justice is non restrictive, it allows you to do whatever you want but there will always be an outcome no matter what you do. Justice isn't whenever I do something wrong I get 5 lashes. But  it also isn't whenever I get in trouble I just say "I am sorry" and walk away with it, I get to clean up any physical or emotional mess I made. As a human I would have a terrible life if I got away with everything I did. Everything would be a huge mess.
         One of my biggest pet peeves with people is when others enable them to get away with what they did. When I was younger I disliked getting in trouble so I was careful. But one time me and my brother were arguing my mom asked what happened from my point of view. I say with regret that I completely lied, and she believed me. That instance hurt my brother so much that he never trusted me as much for the next 3 years.
         Many times my brother had stolen my toys and whenever I discovered them he claimed he didn't know how they got there. He had gotten some punishment but because he was young he mainly got away with it. He would be fine with the punishment and he would do it again, and again, and again, and again. In my opinion if the consequences had been harsher he wouldn't have been fine with doing it. If me and my mom actually sat down and talked with him about how I don't like it he might have been sorry for doing it and not for getting caught.
         Life will never be fair or equal but justice is necessary. How much would the would the world change if kids got their justice. What if kids got more realistic consequences? What if people didn't just say "It is okay he is only 6 years old" then 7 then 8 then 9 and soon enough you have an adult pushed into the world fully expecting people to do everything for them. Is that the society we want these days? Or do we want an adult jumping into the world saying "This is the easiest thing I have ever done". I am not saying every kid isn't being prepared I am just saying for you to look at your kid/s and ask if the way they are behaving acceptable in the real world. Still I bet someone somewhere is saying very defensively that their children are perfectly fine to which I ask the question, "Would they be able to act this way as an adult"?
         There will always be problems. Look at the world, society is taking a big turn for the worse. Look at others, do they handle their problems or do they try to just shove them aside and say forgive and forget so they aren't uncomfortable. If you want to get personal look at yourself, are you a teaching person that tries to help others or are you an expecting person who feels entitled to get whatever they want. None of us can be perfect but we can keep trying.
         I am a forgotten and I believe in justice.


© Copyright 2017 Limelight (justjoeking at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2135127-What-I-Believe-In