*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2136066-Jyns-story
Rated: E · Short Story · Drama · #2136066
Jyn's hidden powers emerged when she fled from her bullies.
Over time, she came to realization she no longer made of substance, but something more like a shadow. Jyn first noticed this metamorphosis when she fled from school bullies. Jyn, socially awkward yet intelligent always outdone her classmates in every subject and exceed her teachers' expectations. However it brought fierce jealousy to Jyn from her peers, especially Lois, Lana, and Lakota. The trio dubbed as "L" sisters due to first letter of their names and they often complete each other's sentences as if they could read each other's' thoughts. At first, trio threw cruel insults and mocked Jyn about her outfit, hair, and eyes. It eventually erupted into violent outbursts. They will push Jyn down as she passes through hallways. Sometime trio will punch Jyn, not at her face for it would certainly bring unwanted attention but aiming to her body. At first Jyn wasn't sure how to react this barbaric action. She tried to ask for help from her teachers however they saw it as kids played around and the fact trio was seen as the most popular girls in the school. The teachers couldn't believe "L" sisters would undertake this action against Jyn. It made Jyn became terrified and desperate.
One evening, after staying in her school to complete her science project for state fair, Jyn walked to her home via the boardwalk by beach. Not too long into her journey, she was confronted by "L" sisters. They had been waiting for Jyn so they could pound on her once again. Jyn knew she couldn't take another beating so she decided to do something she never done before...Run.
Jyn fled at the first sight of trio, running towards closed amusement park on the boardwalk. The trio was caught off guard by Jyn's action. After standing at there for a few moments, Lois, a self-proclaimed leader hissed "We gotta chase her down!" They gave chase after Jyn. Jyn ran and ran through closed amusement park. She wasn't in best physical shape. So she had trouble of breathing as she sprinted. Eventually she reached a fork in route. Jyn desperately surveyed for a possible escape way from this park. She cannot swim so she can't jump off from park into the bay. Jyn looked over her right shoulder. Her heart became even more beating faster the moment she see her stalkers. Jyn impulsively ran to the left of a fork.
Shortly, Jyn halted her sprint. She realized she made terrible mistake by choosing a left route. It led her to dead end. Panicky, she frequently searched for any possibilities of escaping from this dead end. Jyn saw no hope of escaping from this corner. She turned around against the wall. Jyn could see her pursers getting closer and closer. They stopped running and start to walk towards Jyn. The hopelessness fell on her, she whimpers. She walked backward so she could feel solid of the wall in futile attempt to feel somewhat secure. However as Jyn step back, she fell down and rolled til she hit something hard. Jyn, stunned from roll, clumpy stand up. For a moment, she looks around her new, strange surroundings. She wondered where she is at. Then Jyn started to feel queasy inside her stomach. She bends over with her hands on her stomach. She coughed and coughed. On her third cough, she covered her mouth only this time her hand was fading.
She grasped at the sight of her hand. But queasy feeling was gone and she started to feel better...No she was actually felt more alive than before. Jyn, with a trained mind, she observed her hand. It was fading then becomes solid again. Back and forth. She pounced this state that she might able to phrase from solid to something else.
Jyn spotted a movement from a small crack ahead of her. She realized she is still at park behind the wall. She sneaks quietly towards the wall. Peeping through crack, she could see trio. They were confused at Jyn's sudden disappearance. They muttered to each other which she couldn't hear. The trio frustrated at themselves for losing their prey, turned around and walked back where they came from.
Jyn stepped back from crack and focused at her apparently new ability. She wanted to test it out so she tried to get out of this place using her ability. She failed by bummed her head against wall. She tried again and again til she started to get massive headache. Sitting down at a wooden box nearby, she put her hand on her head in attempt to relieve pain. Jyn inquired over this challenge. Why is she not phrasing? Does she have to focus on it? Like using her muscle to lift up something? She muttered to herself about it. She searched through her mind for answers and knowledge. After a few minutes passed, her headache had faded away. She stood up from a box and restarts her efforts. Jyn needed to change her approach. She just needs to focus on it. Concentrating on herself, she walks slowly with her right hand out.
"I can do this." She thought as she breathes in and out. Jyn press on. She closes her eyes as she gets closer to the wall. Jyn don't feel anything. She opened her eyes and found herself phrasing through wall. Jyn turned around and witnessed her achievement. She grinned and jumps in excitement.
Jyn observed at her hands, they were changing from color of her skin to shadow-like color forth and back. "What am I? Why is it happening to me?" mumbled by Jyn. She knew she needs to work on it as well as not drawing any attention from others. And to stop bullies like "L" sisters. No longer shall she to live her life in fear! Jyn started to walk back to her home, only this time she had emerged as new Jyn.


© Copyright 2017 Benaiah (dreamchaser7 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2136066-Jyns-story