*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2136180-What-is-love
Rated: E · Other · Writing · #2136180
Recently, the love of my life left me.. something short just to express how I feel.
What comes to your mind when you hear the word "love"? Is it just a term to you? A feeling? Or what the heart runs on? Do you believe in it? What actually is love to you? Hell, what is love to any of us anymore? Is it hooking up with a guy every night saying you love him when really, you just want him for what he has? Is it sitting on your bedroom floor crying your eyes out every night because he/she left you? That's what you call love? "Baby, I'm sorry. Please forgive me. I didn't do anything...but cheat on you...and lie to you....and ignore you. Wait, what am I saying. I know you will forgive me. That is just how clueless you are!" THAT'S NOT LOVE! You running back to him time after time. He does not love you. She does not love you. Do you really think a "sorry" is actually a sorry? After they keep hurting you? You want to be loved and be happy but you won't move on. You won't.
Love is when you don't have to beg for their attention. It is when you don't have to be hurting and crying because of some stupid thing they did. They are suppose to treat you like you are on the top. Yet, they are treating you like your name isn't worthy of coming out of their mouths. So what is love to you? This? "Again, baby, I'm sorry It's you and I... And all the secret girls I have that you will find out about later on. But, don't worry baby, I love you. So it doesn't matter." I wish you could see it through my eyes, I wish you could understand. This is not love. You are not being loved.
© Copyright 2017 Taylor Gilmer (taylor2087 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2136180-What-is-love