*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2139038-Weird-Science-The-Start
by Spiral
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Comedy · #2139038
A midnight inspiration of a mad scientist, surely with more to come.
"Fuck it."

Flicking the switch to the current of the lab never felt so exciting, hearing the crackle of electricity spark through the air. I put on a grin, and Macy put on a worried frown. Bits and pieces, glass and fluids, and my creation was finally here. I was done with following the rules, and it was time to do true science.

Flicking around the room, hands working wonders as buttons were pressed, meters were measured, and microchips were managed. It was time to finish Her, and Macy new it, cleaning up one step behind me and fixing everything I moved out of place. I suddenly stopped, blinking, before flicking on a stereo to the preplanned "Weird Science" song. I glanced over to Macy just in time to see her palm smash into her face in disapproval.

"Oh, come on, you know you love this too!" I laughed, twirling around her, white lab coat swirling through the air. I took her hand, and matching with the song, "From my heart and from my hand, why don't people understand my intentions?"

Macy gave a monotone "Weird science." in response, while I flicked on the main monitor to the mechanical creation underneath. Sparks flew from the designated spikes into the power outlet. Truly, there was no need to do it so dangerously, other than the thrill it gave my heart to see the blue bolt strike its target. The target was a ten foot tall massive hulk of a machine, four spider-like legs with thick armor around them. A humanoid top, with a boxy head, eyes closed shut while lights on the vessel began flicking on.

"Why don't they understand," I repeated under my breath, flanking around the robot to unlock a back hatch, creaking it open to turn on the final master switch. Stepping around to the front to crank the electricity off, I smirked as the powerful green eyes awakened on the robot, watching as it stretched to life. It ripped itself slowly but surely from it's bonding wires, and I let out a cheer. Macy was by my side, although a step back in her untrusting nature.

"It works, Macy, it works! She's alive! Quick, Alt-1, here is your test! Is it legal for a man to marry his widow’s sister?"

The machine tilted it's head... then it's eyes turned to slits in seeming disapproval. "No, but since he’s dead it would be kind of difficult," answered a crisp yet feminine voice.

"YES! She's perfect!" I exclaimed, suddenly hugging onto Macy who was less than happy to be lifted in the air a few inches up before being dropped again. "This is it! We've done it, we're better than those dumb law-bound folk! We can finally get the recognition we need, and get that damned witch back. You ready, Macy?"

Macy let out a sigh, shaking her head as she hit a big red button, revealing a wall of weaponry, putting on a blue-crash helmet, and grabbing a large arc-cannon, a big two-handed gun with glowing blue indicators pointing towards the teasing spark at the end. "As ready as I'll ever be." Despite her sarcastic tone, the edge of her mouth lifted in a smirk, and she walked alongside me as I lead the way with a cheering fist in the air, Alt-1 clanking along behind us as we traveled out to get our revenge.
© Copyright 2017 Spiral (endlessspiral at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2139038-Weird-Science-The-Start