*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2141063-Roller-coaster
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Comedy · #2141063
I could not imagine it would come to this. Why do I need it? Am I a masochist?
I could not imagine it would come to this.

Why do I need it? Am I a masochist?

I shook my head spreading frightened thoughts across the floor and entered the wagon after my son.

Well, it is not that bad till now.

The wagon bar sank on our legs and we both simultaneously caught the handle.

The wagon moved. Slowly. Too slowly for my taste.

Then began to go up. Up. UP. UP!!! (Stop it!)

It stopped. (Oh dear!)

My son caught me with his left hand and closed the eyes (luckily only his).

The wagon began to move again.

Slowly. Very slowly. Like the music in "Jaws" going quicker and quicker.

Suddenly I heard "Ahhh…Ahhh…Ahhh..Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh…"

It stopped with the third loop but returned with the first screw-like turn into which the wagon entered.

I could not understand where my stomach was.

I remembered that at the beginning it has been in my throat, pressing on my trachea and stopping me from breathing.

But then, it went towards my right kidney, pressing hard on it, making it impossible to contain all the liquid inside.

"Ahhhh", the cry returned with much higher pitch.

I realised that now it was I who joined the yelling choir.

"Keep tight! It's just a moment or two more!" The mantra helped me very little.

I closed my eyes and felt the breakfast, which I had enjoyed so much, rising up to my nose.

With my open eyes it was better, especially as I could see the end.

Which rolled towards the wagon and then came to a stop at last.

Oh my!

The wild hysterical laugh of relief accompanied our entering to the station.

I tried to unclench my son's hand from my elbow, but it took me three tries to do it.

I looked at him.

All the time of sunbathing was lost for nothing. He was white as if two months' tan was on somebody else.

"You can breathe now, son."

He looked at me and began to breathe normally. Normally for somebody who did not breathe for a very long time, that is.

We went in the direction of the exit, just after the man from the wagon behind ours, who dragged his wife out.

It was a nice drive.

***

Outside, my son said: "It was great! I want once more!"

"Pass" was my only answer while my feet took me to the nearest bench.
© Copyright 2017 jakuper (jakuper at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2141063-Roller-coaster