*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2141319-Judgment-32---By-Gary-Gustafson-Jr
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Sci-fi · #2141319
Eddie Green condemned to a prison planet, is guarded by Judgment - a living computer.

Chapter 1 -- Judgment

Eddie Green peeled off the electrode strip from his head. They had questioned him about the crimes he committed over and over. Why did they stop now? Eddie was in a large empty white room with no doors other than the one he entered in, and when they closed it, the door disappeared without a seam. The walls seemed to glow bright white light, yet strangely it didn't hurt his eyes. Suddenly a voice came out of thin air.

"Hello Eddie, my name is Judgment 31." The voice was mild and seemed to be filled with empathy.

"I don't care." Eddie said with a snarl. "Where am I? How can I get out of here?"

"Sorry Eddie, but there is no way to escape from this room. But soon you will be transported to the prison planet Rouge."

"What for?" Said Eddie.

"You know the answer to that question, Eddie." said Judgment

Eddie Laughed to himself. Yes, he knew what he had done, but he didn't know how much they had gotten from him in their interrogations. He told them everything they probably wanted to know, but he had mixed in a lot of lies.

Eddie had heard about Judgment 31. He was the computer that watched over the prison planet -- sort of a warden, but he was a machine.

"What do you want?" Eddie said.

"Nothing said Judgment, "I am just here to let you know what is about to happen to you."

"I don't believe it. Why am I still here, then?"

"I would like to offer you a way off the planet. It won't be easy, but if you are willing to work with me, I will give you a way out."

"Forget it!" Eddie snarled.

"It is up to you. I won't force you. But remember my offer, Eddie. On the planet there are communication pods. You can contact me using one of these pods."

"Don't count on it!" Eddie spit out.

There was a brief pause then there was a whistling sound. Some sort of gas. Eddie held his breath, but it was no use. Eventually he had to breath, and everything went black.

Chapter 2 - The ship

When Eddie woke up, he couldn't move, but he could look around enough to see that he was on some sort of ship. There were bars strapped to his wrists and ankles and some sort of band holding his head still -- he couldn't see them, but he could feel them digging into his skin. The hull of the ship was vibrating, so he knew he was moving.



© Copyright 2017 GentleGiantAmI (gentlegiantami at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2141319-Judgment-32---By-Gary-Gustafson-Jr