*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2141320-Dark-Matter----Darkness-Falls
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #2141320
Prologue to the Dark Matter Spy Thriller -- before the story begins, way before :)

Dark Matter

By Gary Gustafson Jr





Prologue - Darkness Falls

"
And the earth was without form, and void; and I caused darkness to come up upon the face of the deep; and my Spirit moved upon the face of the water; for I am God." Moses 2:2 (The Pearl of Great Price)


In the depths of space there came a mighty void, and the face of God was upon it. And out of the space God created a world. He shaped and formed the world as it is, but it was shaped of the ether, and was in the form of a world, but it was spirit.


And the Lord shaped and divided it, the light from the darkness, and created the land and the sea. He created all that is living, the animals the plants, and the souls of men.


And when he had finished creating the spirit of the world, he moved it through space, and entered it into the body of the planet he also had created, floating though space, and gave life to its soul.


And there were many worlds created. And God gave them all life. And he planted the seeds of life in them, and they grew, and prospered and filled the planets with life of all kinds. And he gave life to the people on the worlds he created, and he created them after the likeness of the Gods. And granted unto men the ability to choose for themselves.


And God talked to them and walked with them, and they knew Him and His Son. And God loved them, for they were his children, even the spirit children of God.


And the great serpent was allowed to tempt them, and to try them, and men were given to know good and evil, and to choose for themselves. And the serpent deceived the children of God and brought upon all people the fear of the night. And the tail of the serpent drew the spirits of those who rebelled against God, and they were cast out.


And a veil was drawn over the worlds, and men forgot that they were the sons of God, and devil reigned over them.

Chapter 1


Jacob Ash surveyed the land bellow him from his space craft. He was in low orbit, but with his bare eyes, he couldn't see what he needed, but the instruments in the craft magnified his view. With them he could see everything. He could see beneath the clouds, and into the oceans - the heat and the life teaming bellow him.


Jacob still wasn't tired, despite the fact that he had been awake for 20 hours straight. He loved his job. It had only been months since they discovered the new world.


New Epsilon One they had dubbed it. The latest discovery of the star ranger's expedition. That made 145 living planets in over 40 star systems.


Chapter 2

When you look up at the stars and see the planets floating in space, some believe there was no hand in it, that it just appeared out of nothing. But there is matter in the darkness - flowing with life. Everything we know was created from something, even the living spirits of all life. Where did it come from? It has always been there from the beginning; it is eternal. Not always in the same form that it is in now, for it has been shaped and formed. Our spirits were formed from it, and we were born to be the sons and daughters of God - his children.


In the heavens we were taught. We learned many things. But we lost all that knowledge when we came into the mortal world. We gained a body made of flesh, bone, and blood. But from time to time the knowledge we learned a millennia ago seeps through the veil, that covers our mind in forgetfulness, and enlightens the mortal mind, and once again we remember.


We do not remember the war we fought in the heavens when we were still only spirits, but it divided the forces of light from darkness. The dark one fought with his angels that became evil, for they rebelled against the truth. Those who followed the light came to the worlds and gained a mortal body, while the spirits who rebelled, the dark angels, the demons, didn't receive a body of their own. And the evil spirits did not forget what happened before, and remembered their enemies who had defeated them.


So the war that was started in the heavens continued in the mortal worlds. The evil ones had dammed themselves forever, but they hated the mortals of the worlds, and wanted to make them miserable, as they are doomed to be miserable.


Now the battle begins, again.




© Copyright 2017 GentleGiantAmI (gentlegiantami at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2141320-Dark-Matter----Darkness-Falls