*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2141669-Car-Crash
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Chapter · Death · #2141669
This is a true story. This is part 1 of my week of hell. You'll understand at the end.
Before I start with this story, I will remind everyone, it can be triggering if you ever had something happen like this before. Either your friends died in a car crash, you've been one and a survivor, or anything. This is events that happen in less than a week, and I feel like it is time to get the truth out. This is a true story that happened to my friends, my coworkers, my school, and I. Leave down a comment. Hope you enjoy. The names of these people are made up, to hide the identities of the real people. Just to make life little less confusing.
__________________________________________________________________________________
         I thought it was just going to be another normal day at work. Everything was going good, but I hadn't looked at my phone at all. Little did I know, that day would be the start of something I will never forget. Something that will change my life forever.
         It was just a normal day, I woke up, got ready for work at McDonalds, and left. I never get on my phone before work, because who would be up at 4 in the morning? I would only check to get notifications, and just leave. It was a normal morning, of course I was in the back drive through window. I was used to it, always worked back there. Busy like normal Sunday mornings with everyone getting up to go to church.
         Then I got the phone call. Ever had that one phone call that just changed your life for good? This one phone call was the start of misery, pain, and sorrow for months to come. My coworker was in a terrible car crash. To keep them hidden, I'll call her Katy. Katy was not only my coworker, but she was one of my best friends. She hung out with my friend, Amanda, and all the time. All they were saying is that she was just in a bad car crash, a fractured hip, a concussion, and she was found unconcious, with the other girl, named Cassie, but I did not know about Cassie yet. My manager pulled me aside and broke me the news. I held in all the tears because I was on headset.
          I went back to work, and stayed as busy as I could. Finally, 11 came around, and my manager pulled me to the side. She had someone take my headset so she could speak to me. She pulled me inside the office and asked how I was doing. I started to cry. This was one of my best friends. What's worse is that she said there were four people in the car. Two of them survived and the other two died. I had asked if I could go on a five minute break, just to calm down my nerves. I also had to call Amanda and break the news to her.
         Well Amanda did not answer, so I went back inside. I asked if I could just be away from the headset and just figure something out to do. They put me running for counter, so I did that. Little did I know what was going to happen next. I went up to the counter, and I was just having a nice conversation with one of my coworkers. My manager decided to come up to me, and broke the news about one of my friends, Andrew. I imediately broke back into tears. This guy was not only my friend, but we got in a huge fight before the car crash. 6 months and a day to be exact.
         He had told me our Junior year that he had liked me. I didn't like him back, and so he decided to start spreading rumours about me around the school. Well, what made me snap was that one night, he was out with one of his friends, and he went up to my boyfriend, Alex. Well, his friend asked Alex if he was dating me. Well, of course, he said yes. Andrew decided to try and say stuff that would break us up. Alex, being the nice guy he was, confronted me about it, and I didn't lie, and said no. Andrew was saying many things that were a lie to Alex.
         When I found out about Andrew, I knew in my guts that another one of my friends was in the car crash, and it was true. Her name is Alice. I didn't know for sure at the time, but it was close to Prom time, and I saw Alice and Cassie together picking out dresses for Prom the same night. I didn't find out till later that it was true.
         Finally, I went home. I had asked Amanda to come pick me up. I had to go back to work at 7 for Cassie and close. Obviously she wasn't going to be able to make it. I got home, sat down in my mom's bedroom, just waiting for Amanda to message me saying she was there. Just a reminder, I hadn't found out about Alice or the other person yet. I got home, and opened up my facebook. First thing I saw was so heartbreaking. It was RIP Andrew and Kyle. Hope you get better Cassie and Alice. All in one post, my heart broke into little pieces. My fears were coming true. I was friends with all of them. I still am friends with Cassie and Alice.
         

© Copyright 2017 jordyleigh18 (jleigh19 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2141669-Car-Crash