*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2142862-Dylans-Growing-Feet
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #2142862
Meet Dylan. A young boy whose feet began to grow. Read to find out the full story...
He woke up. His feet towering over his body. Dylan found himself in an isolated forest, far away from anything else. Just Dylan and his feet. Dylan lets out a sigh and thinks back to where it all started, when the world around him was as normal as could get...

Chapter 1 - Lunch Break

It was lunch break at Dylan's elementary school. Dylan was a young boy in 4th grade class. He had short, black hair. His eyes were half brown, half blue. He had size 3 feet at the time. He was hanging out with his friends in the canteen, talking about the latest sports news and players. One of his friends, Ben challenged another of his friends, Liam, to drink a small bottle of green liquid that he bought into school.

"I bet you wont drink this!" Ben exclaimed.

"Um... To be honest I dont want to..." said Liam. Ben, holding the strange bottle looked at Dylan.

"... What?" said Dylan, surprised.

"You gonna drink it?" asked Ben.

"Well... What is it?" Dylan replied.

"I dont know... found it somewhere..."

"Uhh... I guess i'll give it a try..." said Dylan, taking on the challenge.

Dylan took a quick sip of the strange, green liquid. It was sweet and had a vanilla-apple taste to it. Dylan took another sip. All of Dylan's friends just watched him drink the liquid.

"... Well?" Asked a friend

"Ehh... It tastes okay I guess..." Dylan Answered. At that moment, The bell rang for class.

During the last lesson of the day, Dylan felt a strange sense in his feet. Not painful, Dylan couldn't feel it fully, but he knew something was going on with his feet. His face gave away a surprised look.

"Hey Dylan... You okay?" asked Liam, who was sitting next to him.

"Yeah... Yeah I'm fine..." Dylan replied. "Just bored..."

"Same... Class does get boring a lot." replied Liam.

"HEY! You two at the back! Stop talking!" The teacher shouted at the pair.

"Yes Mrs. Learne..." Said the boys.

After another ten minutes of sitting in class, The bell rang as the end of the school day.

The moment Dylan walked out of the classroom, he felt a slight jolt in his feet. He looked down at his feet, nothing had happened. As he went to collect his belongings from his locker, he reached down and felt his feet. His toes had reached the end of his size 3 sneakers.
"Huh... That's weird..." Dylan said to himself quietly.

Chapter 2 - The Start

Dylan was walking home with Liam and Ben.
"I can't believe you actually drank that stuff!" Said Ben.

"It didn't taste bad." Dylan replied.

"Yeah well... Who knows what was in it?" Ben answered.

Then, after a sudden jolt in his feet, Dylan looked down and saw that his feet began to break out of his sneakers.

"Sorry guys! Gotta run, I forgot I needed to be at the sports club after school!" Dylan said as an excuse.

"Alright then... See ya." Said Liam and Ben

Dylan ran down the path and turned right at the next intersection. He was now out of sight from his friends and anyone at his school. By now his toes had popped out of his size 3 sneakers.
"Huh... Guess I need some new sneakers then..."
Dylan casually walked back to his house. He went upstairs into his bedroom and set his bag down. That is where it all starts. Another jolt in both his feet but this time, His feet grow rapidly. He tugs on his shoes but they won't come off at all! Dylan gives up and watches his feet as they rip through the sides of his sneakers. After his feet ripped through his sneakers, the growth stopped, leaving his white and grey socks intact on his feet but his sneakers in shreds.
"Oh no... People can't see me like this!"
He grabs the biggest backpack he could find and started packing it. He took a pillow, a large towel, clothes and snacks and candy bars. A lot of snacks and candy bars. His feet stopped growing at a men's size 14. He waited until night to set out on his adventure.

Chapter 3 - The Expedition

It is 11:34pm. Dylan should have been in bed hours long ago. Since his footsize was beyond Dylan's control, He could make this exception. He left through the front door of his house. Nobody would be awake at this time of night, surely. He walked down the streets of the town, when he heard a voice behind him.

"Hey! Dylan!" Someone whispered. "Behind you!"

Dylan turned around to find a friend of his, Josh. Josh has black hair, brown eyes and wears glasses. He has size 4 feet.

"Josh! What are you doing this time of night?" Asked Dylan.

Josh looked down at Dylan's feet. "Huh... Same thing as you maybe?"

"But... Why? I don't see any reason for you to..."

Josh points down at his own feet, which had grown bigger as well. "These boys are the reason. I'll come with you to wherever you're going... We both know that this wont end anytime soon."

Both Josh and Dylan walked down the streets together, searching for a place to go, when they run into Liam.

"Josh! Dylan! What are you two doing!" asked Liam.

"Uhh... Going out?" replied Josh.

Liam looked down at both their feet, and back at his.

"No you're not... Look, i'm in the same position as you two. Nobody else i've seen around here has been affected but us." Said Liam.

"well... okay... But where would we go?" asked Dylan.

"Out of town. Out of sight at least." Josh answered.

The trio walked out of town and into a field of tall grass and trees. Dylan's feet begin to grow again, his socked feet ripping apart. His feet grew more and more until his bare toes were exposed, and so on until his socks were in shreds, his feet now a giant mens size 27! Liam and Josh both stared in awe, as both Josh and Liam's feet began to grow too.


© Copyright 2017 stormer (stormer173 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2142862-Dylans-Growing-Feet