*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2144379-Mr-Adams-Class-1st-Place
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #2144379
Mr. Adams had all the other teachers talking. How did he keep such discipline?
"Report!" Mr. Adams stared at Nina.

12 year old Nina trembled, arose from her seat and daintily placed herself within the masking taped square at the front of the classroom.

Nina read her report with tears running down her cheeks. Mr. Adams sat in his chair -- arms crossed and intent upon her every word. An aura of danger hung in the air. Nina finished her report and scurried back to her seat.

"Give her a hand!" Mr. Adams bellowed.

The class obediently complied and just as suddenly stopped.

"All right! Jordan you're next!" Mr. Adams snarled.

Jordan arose from his seat, knees knocking and made his way to the square.

Classmate after classmate followed until the bell rang. The class scrambled through the door.

Ms. Johnson across the hall folded her arms. "You really have a way with those kids. I wish I had that kind of discipline. What's your secret?"

Mr. Adams smiled. "I'll never tell."

"Hmph," she retorted. "They look scared to death, but every single one of them does their homework. You do look intimidating."

Mr. Adams grinned even bigger.

"You just have to know their weakness."

He turned, walked into his room and sat at his computer. He brought up wikipedia, facebook, linked in and several other social sites. He paused and thought. Let's see. I need to update my bios. Former marine sergeant. Army Ranger and oh yes... has an accusation of breaking the arm of a student for not completing an assignment on time.

Now, on to the gym. I'm pretty sure the swim team will be at the pool with a front row seat to me bench pressing 350 lbs. I'll be sure to give them a show. Nothing like social media to keep the old rumor mill up.

297 Words

Flash Fiction Entry limited to 300 Words
Must contain the words: Hand, Danger, Report
© Copyright 2017 BScholl (the0hawk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2144379-Mr-Adams-Class-1st-Place