*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2144813-The-jacket
Rated: GC · Fiction · Ghost · #2144813
Just a brief story that popped into my head. may work on expanding it.
The jacket

Why of all fucking days does this have to happen? Dave asked himself while he was struggling with the zipper on his jacket, Finally he got it pulled up and he hurried out to the truck, fired it up and headed to the church.

Jenny stepped out back of the church, grabbed her phone out of her purse and called her dad. Dad, where the hell are you? Sorry baby Dave said, I had some clothing issues but I'm on my way now. Your jacket? Jenny asked sarcastically. Yeah the jacket smart ass, he replied back. Well just get here as fast as you can. You don't wanna miss you granddaughters baptism do you? I'm three blocks away Dave said. And I wouldn't miss this for the... the line cut off. Dad? Dad? Jenny shouted into the phone. With no reply, she hung up and ran back into the church and headed directly where her husband was talking to his brother.

Steve, I think something happened to dad, I was just on the phone with him and the line went dead. Can you go see? He said he was only a few blocks from here. I'm on it Steve said. Lets go bro has he punched his little brother in the arm, and they ran out the door.

It's OK I'm right here Dave said to his daughter has she turned around and walked right though him.
© Copyright 2018 scott armstrong (spalm72 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2144813-The-jacket