*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2148213-Lanre-and-Ebube
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Chapter · Teen · #2148213
nigerian love story
LANRE AND EBUBE....
CHAPTER 1.

I sat there...
Three, hours waiting for him.
I couldn't help it...
I was furious, yes.
But I loved him anyways. It was annoying. But I don't know why I couldn't help myself.
With tears in my eyes, I got up from the lonely bench at 'town park' and made my way slowly to the exit, a small part of me wishing he would show up.
No doubt, I thought he was cheating on me. Scratch that, I knew he was cheating on me. Lanre was not the kind of guy you trust.
He had done this to me numerous times before. Ditched me so heartlessly on many occasions, and as usual, the next time we see each other, he would say he's sorry and like a fool I'd run right into his arms again.
I don't know how and why but I fell so hard and fast for him.
He wasn't the nice guy type from the start. In fact, the first day of school, SS1, he called me a hoe because my skirt hugged my hips tightly and when he shoved me mistakenly, I hissed at him. I had not an idea he was in SS2.
Now I'm in SS2, a year later and I'm 'dating' him. Although sometimes it feels like he's only using me. And other times I feel like he loves me most in this empty world.
It was 8:30pm and I was in a taxi on my way home. Once again, an apology would come my way then next morning a part of me was slowly getting tired of this life.
The taxi pulled over in front of my house. I paid the Yoruba man a five hundred naira note and I started towards my doorstep. On getting there, there was a note stuck to a bunch of flowers. Jasmine, my favourite.
I picked it up. no doubt, it was from my misery of a boyfriend,
Lanre.
The Last time he stood me up, he promised me it'll never happen again and that he'd change and make it up to me. But here I was again, at my doorstep, same ol'.
I brought the note closer to my face to read it.
''my battery died, so I dropped these off on my way to the hospital.
my uncle had an accident, I'll call you tonight''
-Lanny
Okay. Maybe he had a genuine reason this time. But I couldn't help the hurt. And of course, I felt bad for him and his uncle.
No one likes accidents, at the same time, no one likes getting stood up.
The next two days was to be lanre's birthday. The day he got gifts and numerous love letters. Girls would foolishly pour out their hearts and soul to someone who'd crush it, the same way he crushed mine over and over again.
Immediately I got out of the shower, my phone rang. I wasn't in the mood to entertain any phone calls. But as soon as I saw Lanre's name pop up on the screen I picked it up.
''Lanre, are you okay?''
''no, I don't know, I'm so sorry about earlier today- ''
''I understand, how is he?''
'' he hasn't woken up yet, but the doctor said he seems fine''
There was some noise in the background, like the place was crowded.
''oh thank God'' I said,'' I'd come to the hospital tomorrow- ''
'' no, I'd come to your house then maybe we'd go to the hospital together''
''why?''
''because I feel bad about today and I promised before that I was going to make it up to you''
I stood shocked for a few seconds, mouth slightly open. This didn't sound like Lanre one bit. Lanre didn't care about all this stuff. It just wasn't who he was.
''oh, okay then''
''he's awake now,I'll call you tomorrow Ebube.''
''okay goodnight''
''yeah, I love you''
''if only you meant it'' I whispered unconsciously
''pardon?''
''nothing'' then I turned the call dead.
I wish he mean t all these things he said to me.it's so unfortunate I fall for it every single time and to him, they're just words.
Tired from the day's activities, I finally fall asleep, hoping tomorrow would be a better day.


© Copyright 2018 Sialadi (sialadi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2148213-Lanre-and-Ebube