*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2148398-All-Washed-Up
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #2148398
a short story about a serial killer
All Washed Up
The shed was old and dilapidated. The wooden panels on the walls were falling off and rotting. The wood was twisting and it appeared to have had a green hue Throughout its twisted foundation.The foundation was warped so the shed leaned slightly to the right. The walkway was cracked and weathered; the unlevelled ground was stained with the blood of Jason's last victim. Inside the shed the air was thick and musty, there was an unpleasant odour in the air. The scent made your eyes water and your stomach turn. It was Ammonia and rotting flesh.
         On the way to the hardware store, on the opposite end of town from his house, he received a phone call from his wife, Jenny. She wanted to know how his business trip was going. Jason told her it was fine and that he was busy but he would see her at home. Jenny was completely oblivious to the fact that Jason, never actually left town.
         At the hardware store, Jason picked up some more supplies, about 50 feet of rope, some basic blue tarp, a roll of duct tape, and an axe. The hardware store was in a bad end of town. The store was dark and dingy. The doors and windows had bars on them, more akin to a prison than a store. The electronic signs letters were partially burnt out. Instead of saying 'Hardware Store' the sign read 'Hard Store'. The building was small and looked out of place between the tall apartment buildings on Albert street. The roof was flat and Jason noticed some movement on it. Jason quickly put his new supplies in his car and went to investigate the creature on the roof. He went to the back of the building with his empty plastic bag and climbed up the rusty rickety ladder.
         The roof was cluttered and he spotted an umbrella, underneath it was a scruffy looking elderly man, he had nothing on his feet and his toe nails were long and yellow, he wore dirty ripped blue jeans, a dirt and sweat stained t-shirt, and an oversized mossy looking winter coat. His hair was so greasy it almost looked wet. His hair was long and brown and matted. It seemed as if his face had never seen a razor blade. This man was homeless. "No one would miss him" Jason thought to himself.
         The man didn't notice Jason behind him. He put the empty shopping bag on the man'a head and yelled "YOU CAN'T HAVE MY SHOES!" The man passed out and Jason went to his car to put away his supplies and bring the car around to the back of the building. Jason carried the man on his back down the ladder and put him in the trunk. He duct taped his hands to his ankles and put another piece of tape over the man's mouth. Jason closed the trunk and drove off.
As the car rolled down the winding road, Jason thought of his first kill. He remembered the muffled screams of the homeless man who stole his shoes 20 years earlier. Of course, Jason was messier back then. He buried the body in his parent's garden when he was 14. He planted a sunflower on top of it.
Jason pulled up to the rotting shed which was located in a secluded area just outside of town. He dragged the man from the trunk, up the crooked walkway and into the shed. The shed was nearly empty, the table was all that was inside. Jason put the man in a corner and went back to the car to gather his supplies. Jason laid out the tarp on the slab and used a few feet of rope to hold it in place. He picked up the man and dropped him down hard on the table.
The axe glinted in Jason's eyes as he prepared himself for the blood. Jason brought the axe up but his hands were sweaty. It was slippery. Jason put the axe down and wiped his hands in his jeans. He picked up the axe again and told the man he was going to cut off his feet so he couldn't take anybody else's shoes, even in death. Jason brought the axe up and then down removing the mans left foot. Jason picked up the bloody foot and placed it in the shopping bag. Jason hesitated and watched the blood pool at the end of the table. Jason gathered his thoughts. He regained his focus and brought the axe up and then down removing the mans right foot. He put the other foot in the shopping bag as well and watched the blood slowly leave the mans body. He watched as the man died, ever so slowly.
Jason built a fire behind the shed and he threw the body in to dispose of it. Jason took the ashes and used them to cover up the pool of blood at the end of the table. He took the rope and tarp to the dumpster nearby. Jason kept the man's feet and put them in the trunk.
When Jason arrived back home, it was late. He was alone. He brought the feet into the house and took them to the bathroom. Jason filled up the bathtub and washed the dead man's feet. He scrubbed all the dirt and blood off. He clipped the toe nails; he even applied a clear coat of polish. When the feet were clean, he went into his closet and grabbed a pair of his nicest shoes and put them on the dead man's feet.
The End

© Copyright 2018 Kutie Katie (katiemay21 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2148398-All-Washed-Up