*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2151190-Soar
by RayD
Rated: E · Poetry · Personal · #2151190
We'll Soar
I long for the day, when I will soar above the clouds, when your smiling face right next to me.
I'll soar high and far, long above the clouds, too high for the birds to reach me. But high enough for you to be there in the sky.
We'll soar so high we could almost touch the stars, even long before we fade. Let us soar high enough to break through our days.
Soar farther than anyone has gone, to places beyond the reach of dawn.
I long for the day, when we could touch the sun, moon, and stars. And travel to those planets so far from ours.
I want to soar away from stress, I want to soar away from pain, I want to soar away from anxiety, to the astral plane.
I'll soar through the grief, I'll soar through the sadness, I'll soar through the hole that came from you.
Because, you're the one who's already soared, and left me behind too.
So I long for the day I will soar, because you'll be there too, and I know then that when we soar, you'll smile like you always used to.
© Copyright 2018 RayD (raydheart at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2151190-Soar