*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2152084-Once
by KODA
Rated: E · Poetry · Nature · #2152084
The sky once smiled upon me. And I hope, and dream, that day would come again once more.
The sky once smiled upon me. And I hope, and dream, that day would come again once more. Fallen from the heights of an old tree up yonder, I'd found myself in this lonesome patch of green. So undisturbed. So very serene.

I wonder, had anyone else other than I set foot into this blissful place of peace? My bruises and scrapes from my fall bother me not, and the sky radiated the warmest glows of sun and sweet gusts of wind bring forth the aroma of a most beautiful spring day.

It’s almost as if the grasses are alive. They bristle against my limbs like a cat would to play. They cater my attention and soon, I’m swept away. This beauty called nature is so pure and great. It stretched beyond the horizon with nothing in its wake.

But how I long for a time like that once more. As I look up now at this greying dying sky. Once filled with blue, and clouds that swirled and grew. The air once fresh filled with dust. The sound of soft grass replaced with gust.

When I stumble and fall I’m bloodied and bruised. Much more so than once before, as solid rock replaces soft earth. Once there was a time where the sky smiled upon me. It brought me the brightest of joys through my pains. It brought me up, and I rose as the sun does on the dawn of a new day. Shining bright and gleefully, and without delay.

But now I fall, and I stay down and crawl. I’m sucked into a world of grey, a devoid of colors. Of sounds. Of feels. Of life. No longer does the winds whisper softly in my ear, no longer does grass caress my wounds with such gentleness that it rivals a mother’s. No longer does the sky breathe life into my old shell of a body. No longer does life appear as bright and beautiful as it once did in my youth.

The sky once smiled upon me. And I hope, and dream, that day would come again once more.
© Copyright 2018 KODA (koda_delabys at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2152084-Once