*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2153948-The-Creature-Chapter-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Chapter · Dark · #2153948
Jack tells Mark his secret, but Mark has a secret, too.
Jack was sitting on Mark's bed, trying to think of a way to delay the inevitable. His friend wanted to tell him what he had seen in the gloomy halls of the school after track. He was terrified. He felt like talking about it would make everything real. He knew he had to tell Mark. Jack cleared his throat and began, " It was after track. I had to get my normal clothes out of my locker, so I went inside the school to get them. Track went on a little longer than expected. I was on my way to my locker, when I hear a loud metallic bang, like someone was being slammed against a locker. I followed the sound, afraid someone was being attacked. The noise stopped as I was about to turn the corner that would expose the scene to me when I saw Jim being dragged down the hall by someone I couldn't see. " Mark cut him off at this point, " Jack, man! You can't make up stories about missing kids! " Mark said with a fury in his voice. Mark was about to storm out of the room when Jack called, " Wait! I'm not lying! Please, hear me through! " Jack was not sure why he had said that, but he did. Mark reluctantly let Jack continue. " I quickly ran, planning to attack whoever had attacked Jim. As I quickly turned the corner, I didn't see someone, I saw something. It was a bloody, mangled, pale, humanoid creature. It had no face. Except for a large gaping mouth with large, sharp, teeth. " Mark opened his mouth in shock, and whispered, " I saw it, too. "
© Copyright 2018 Jessica Roe (tmntgirl33 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2153948-The-Creature-Chapter-2