*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2154774-Faults-in-our-education-system
Rated: E · Article · Educational · #2154774
An overview of our education system
         For the last few days the leak of maths and economics exam papers have been making rounds in the media. In order to make up for the leaked papers the CBSE announced a retest of these subjects. This decision has sparked great anger among the students as they have to go through the same ordeal of revision. It is very disappointing to know that the national board has been so irresponsible in conducting important exams. But this is just one of a large number of faults in our education system.          Some years back we were introduced to C.C.E pattern. The whole system of teaching was reformed. But it was also withdrawn because of different policies of changing governments. Such frequent changes in teaching structure makes the students vulnerable to lower understanding of the subjects.          One of the major drawbacks associated with our education system is that it values marks more than learning. As a result it has failed tremendously in inculcating the kind of creativeness in the students which the modern world demands. The purpose of education is to replace empty minds with open ones. But that hardly seems to be the motto. Our students are way back compared to their foreign counterparts in terms of intellectuality.           What is the validity of an education system with such inherent demerits, in front of reputed institutions who craves for completely developed youngsters. Its time our leader draw lessons from developed countries or else India will be left behind in the race with time.
© Copyright 2018 Arqam (arqam at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2154774-Faults-in-our-education-system