*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2155183-Good-Deeds
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Thriller/Suspense · #2155183
A short story about a woman who tries to be nice.
I decided to make a quick stop at the supermarket for milk and bread. I put the car in park and ran in. I got what I needed and stood in line behind an older gentleman who was clearly down on his luck. He was buying some ramen noodles, canned chili and a 2-liter of soda. As the cashier was totaling his order, he looked back and smiled. "How do you do?" he said. "I'm great, thank you for asking." I told him.
The cashier, obviously in her mid forties, told him his total. He reached in his pocket and pulled out two dollars and fifty cents. "This is quite embarassing". He said, "I will put back the soda if that's okay. Sorry to be so much trouble."
"Nonsense", I said. "I will pay whatever is left." He grinned bigtime and told me thank you. I told him it was no trouble at all. "I've been there before and I've had people do things for me." "Thanks again." He said and walked out the door. I paid for my groceries and headed to my car.
I unlocked the car door and put my bags inside. As I went to shut it, a hand blocked the way. I looked up and there stood the man I helped. He wasn't smiling this time. Now he looked angry. I became terrified.
"Get in and give me the keys." he said. Nope, not happening, I thought. Just then, I screamed at the top of my lungs. "This man is trying to kidnap me!!!". Low and behold, a man in his early thirties approached with gun drawn.
I awoke in a panic. Sweat dripping from my forehead....
© Copyright 2018 zenchick (zenchick at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2155183-Good-Deeds