*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2155407-My-heart
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · LGBTQ+ · #2155407
Finding love
Looming in the back of my mind from early on was this overwhelming feeling that I don't belong.
For years I wondered if maybe I was simply defective, that my heart wanted what wasn't expected.
An attraction to girls, but that isn't normal, for being a girl myself, that was immoral.
Fighting that inner battle between what's acceptable and right, longing to find a girl to hold me tight.
Until at last the battle was one and I decided to love myself and carry on.
Life from that moment changed in many ways, accepting that bitter fact that I am gay.
Relationships with women came and went, always missing something never perfect.
Then like out of a dream, she was there and it all felt right. Our first kiss stole my heart
and all my broken pieces fell into place, I feel that everytime I see her face.
I'm not scared anymore, my fears have vanished and with her by my side the possibilities are endless.
My heart has found it's home, no longer wandering this world alone.
© Copyright 2018 Clementine (kristin33 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2155407-My-heart