*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2156604-The-Creature-Chapter-5
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Chapter · Dark · #2156604
Will Mark be safe after swim?
Jack had suffered through school all day, and he was finally in the cafeteria, looking for Mark. He saw his bus pull up and dismissively thought that he would go over to Mark's house to talk after swim practice. That was when he realized. If he had swim practice, that meant he would stay after school, that meant he would get his clothes from his locker, that meant that that, thing, could possibly get him. The intercom called for him to go to his bus, yet he ignored it. He ran, fast, to the pool. When he finally skidded to the stop on the slippery floor, he shouted out, " Mark! " Mark, and, everyone else, turned to stare directly at him. He ran up to Mark and grabbed him by the shoulders, while Mark opened his mouth to speak, but was cut off by Jack, " Mark, you can't do this! That thing will get you! You, you, you can't do this! " Mark looked confused and replied, " Wha-? You mean the? I-I have to! I-" He was then cut off by the swim coach, " Jack, you need to leave. As far as I know, they just called your bus. " Jack was then escorted out by the swim teacher while Mark was mouthing, " I'm so sorry, I tried. " Jack had to run home in the rain, and when he crashed open the door, his mother immediately ushered over and took him into her arms and said, " Oh, my lord. I was so worried Jack, so worried... " So Jack promptly replied, " It's alright mom, it's fine, I'm fine. I just missed my bus, that's all. " His mother had been like this ever since his father's death. Always fussing about him or flustered and worried when he was late. Right about that moment his Abby came bounding down the stairs, yelling, " I knew you would come home! I knew it! " She jumped off of the last step and bounded over to him, jumping into his arms. He was upset that his other was putting these ideas into her head, worrying her with silly things. " Of course I came home! I always do! " Jack would sigh and set her down. He would call Mark from the home phone after swim practice ended at 6:00.
© Copyright 2018 Jessica Roe (tmntgirl33 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2156604-The-Creature-Chapter-5