*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2157903-The-Last-Attempt
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Chapter · Drama · #2157903
A little part of something
At the chair just in front of the supervisor’s desk, Amber was seated with a poise of a respected woman. She was wearing a white floral blouse matched with a black coat and skirt, and a pair of high-heeled shoes that she bought just across her apartment.

In front of her was a rather skinny guy wearing a navy blue long sleeve and a pair of black pants matched with a pair of shiny black shoes. He was eyeing the resignation letter of Amber with great disapproval and disappointment.

‘Sorry, Am. I can’t accept your resignation now.’ He finally said after more than twenty minutes of awkward silence.

Amber almost choked her saliva after hearing what her supervisor had said. She did not respond. She rather searched her brain for possible ways to convince him to approve the resignation without having to tell him the real reason behind her actions.

‘What are your reasons, again?’ Mr. Stellingman asked after Amber ignored what he said.

‘Family matter, sir. Unavoidable.’, her short reply.

Mr. Stellingman again eyed the letter. He was weighing everything. Amber has been working in the TELUSA International Philippines for almost thirteen years, and had been one of the best team leaders their company ever had. She had been a gem in their company, and had managed to harmonized and make her team work together. In fact, her team had been in the first place for the last five years, and had received countless of recognitions because of her hard work.

‘But Ms. Gonzaga -’, he sounded more formal and serious now. Disappointment was painted on his face, and sweats are starting to appear from the temple of his head. ‘Thirteen years. Thirteen years you have worked here. You just can’t resign that easy. Telusa has been your family, and so does your team. You think over it, and come back tomorrow.’

‘I’m really deeply sorry, Mr. Stellingman.’ Her voice sounded sorry rather than formal. ‘I wish I could –.‘ She paused for a moment, forced herself to not cry and gathered herself together. She had to appear strong in front of their supervisor. ‘I wish I could continue working here.’
© Copyright 2018 Kreacher (ibyaang at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2157903-The-Last-Attempt