*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2160047-Nothing-but-Forbidden
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Mythology · #2160047
Chapter One. Just started her life and letting destiny take her hand.
Chapter One

         Mom never wanted me to go in town and just come home after school but when she was at work, dad would send me on "errands" to the store in town. I'm used to no one talking to me and keeping their distances, but school was worse. My nickname is Swampy and truly do think they would've done better than that. When I was younger, I asked mom and she just said they were intimidated by my looks and were jealous. At seven I did believe it, but now my depression is worse and I just think it's because I'm a monster. I got my things from town and made sure I came back home before mom did.
         Today was the last day of school and thankfully I was a senior. I was thinking of running away tonight and join the Army, so I can travel the world and help those in need. I had money stashed away from dad giving me spending money and had the right amount to get a bus and some food. Everyone had plans to go to a college and honestly, I wished I were them and saw a bright future like that or had the same parents who'll allow that. After the ceremony and shit, I made sure to take the long way home and take my sweet time. Mom had to work, but dad still wanted me home after this day for a reason unknown to me. I was hoping he'll give me a car and hid it away from mom but my chances of that were slim.
         "Hey Honey Bunny, how was the ceremony?" Dad asked me excitingly. I looked at him with a knowing face and then turned back to my laptop to play my games. "Well, at least now you don't need to see those dickheads anymore and spend your time home and safe. Also, I have something for you. It's a graduation gift from me and your mom." He said and placed it on the table beside me. "One moment please, I am close to a save point and I just need to kill these stupid jerks to get to it." Right when I said that I killed the last one and saved. I looked at the gift and opened it. "Wow, could you at least put a smile on your face?" Dad said while I was unwrapping my gift, "I am sorry dad.. Just not in the mood to smile because of today's events. I had to watch everyone that I dislike walk on that stage and I had to follow as well." He nodded and brought out his phone and started to take photos, "I promised your mother I'll take pictures so please smile when you see it?" As he said that I saw my new gaming laptop, and I think a tear was almost fell down my face. "Thank you so, so much... I needed a new gaming laptop that could actually function." This still doesn't change my mind about running away though.
         That night after mom came home and cooked dinner she asked me about school like dad and asked about the laptop. I told her the same thing and went to bed. I knew if I was going to the Army, I couldn't bring my new laptop nor anything except my clothes and maybe my necklace. I played maybe one or two games that I finally wanted too, but then packed my clothes and opened my window. I sneaked out before to see the swamp at night, so I know how not to wake my parents up. I know I'm going to miss everything but something deep down told me to leave.
          I walked to the bus station and stood there for a hour and before the bus came someone walked up to me. "I know you need to go Mel, and I'm not going to stop you. I just wanted you to know that I love you and I hope you be careful. I promise not to tell your mother and I want you to have this. You deserve it." I turned around and saw dad handing me another necklace, "Wear this one from now on and never take it off. Your mother and I put our blessings on it, it'll protect you and guide you on your path." A tear ran down his face but he was smiling brightly. I took the other one off and put the charm on while tears were sliding down. "How did you know dad.. Why did you give me that laptop even though you knew I was going away..?" I looked up to him and expected him to be mad or anything but this. "I knew the look on your face and your mother wanted to give you that laptop. I wanted to ask you to stay but I know you and since you're my child, you were going to no matter what. That necklace was supposed to be your eighteenth present but now it's yours." He hugged me and whispered in my ear, "Don't trust anyone. Please be careful Honey Bunny." Then he was gone.
          After dad had left, the bus came and picked me up. I cried on the bus and kept dad's words in my heart. I woke up and smelled something new and saw out the window buildings higher than I imagined. I realized the smell was the somewhat polluted air and coughed, I'm going to have a rough time with things. The next stop I got off and headed to my destination, which wasn't too far. Once I got there, I found out that the office was fucking huge. I looked in amazement and walked to the lady in front, "Hi, I would like to apply to the Army?" I smiled and waited for the lady to answer. "Yes, it'll be over there, behind that door. Find the doctor and get tested." She took the phone and talked to the person there while pointing to the door I'm supposed to go in. I said a quick thank you and left.
© Copyright 2018 I am trying (i.promise.i.am at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2160047-Nothing-but-Forbidden