*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2162645-A-Blizzard-Of-Those-Days
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Prose · Emotional · #2162645
Given a chance to revisit some lost days
It was the onset of a summer evening when the call interrupted my chores. Paying a quick look at the caller, I paused and finally answered it as a familiar yet unknown voice rang up in my ears after a long time,

"Hey? Remember?"

It was her, someone with whom I had the best memories. Someone with whom all my secrets lay deep in her. Someone who knows me in and out, and also someone whom I haven't yet met for years now.

"Yeah. How come you remembered me today?" I asked back. It was somewhat soothing to get to talk to her. In a flash, every fragile memory that was tuck behind deep in those memories ignited up, and thanks to her I was happy to hear from her.

"It's for a get-together, so I just called you for a reunion that I and some of our batchmates have organised, and we want our singer to be there honoured with lots of love," she said.

I smiled as I looked around. My 2-year-old Rohail was still crawling with his grandparents next to him. The kitchen was still fuming up with the utensils put on the stove. It was still 2 pm and he could be back any moment from work. I sighed, but before I could utter a word she said,

"I will be waiting, its two days later, here itself next to our school, Grand Paradise Hotel"

The call disconnected. I was again surrounded by some thoughts that didn't let me ponder over the decision of being there, though my heart yearned to meet them again. It had been years since school ended. I don't even remember the exact time, date or the year as well but the school-girl in me was still breathing inside me. She was still alive in those bounds of being a wife, a daughter in law and a mother. I was so lost in replaying these same monotonic roles that I forgot all about that little old girl who loved to sing. Who loved to enjoy the world that was outside those four walls. The one who was blissful with no sweat beads of tension glistening over her forehead. I too have a mind, a heart that beats but life took me through a raucous path where all my dreams now reside in fragments, maybe never to join back again. Even if they do, the cracks will still be vivid on them.

The sound of the car brought me out of my thoughts as I rushed outside. The duty of a housewife it was, the role I never thought of playing but you tend to have no option when destiny takes your decisions.

"You look tired today? All okay?" he asked as he went in,

I was silent. I thought of whether to place my points in front of him or just remain silent because that's the way I have been all this while,

"Hey?"

"Uh? Yeah, I wanted to tell you something" I finally gulped down the lump in my throat and spoke up,

"What is it?" he asked back,

"There is...."

At that very moment, destiny rolled its dice again. Rohail slipped off the bed and started crying hard. He rushed to him while I followed. As I took him in my arms, I saw how he scratched his hand,

"Is he okay?" he asked concerned about Rohail

"Uhm yea just a little scratch, he will be ok," I said as the kid was still in sobs,

"Thank god, you were telling me something?"

"Yeah, let's take Rohail out today"

"Sure"

He smiled walking away as once again I could see my heart weeping. I caged that old girl in me once again. She fought hard to fly from the cage, maybe she did see some hope today after years of being trapped. But just when the lock was opened and she smiled wide thinking of all those things she would do once she is out, I put the lock again. Oh! sorry, not me, destiny tied back the lock. Once again she was trapped back in those tangled strings of destiny. Maybe this time she won't trust me again when I feed her with hopes that yes there will be a day she too will be free. Maybe this was the last chance, but I lost it all over again.
© Copyright 2018 Sheena_AB (sheena_ab at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2162645-A-Blizzard-Of-Those-Days