*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2164552-In-the-batters-box-with-a-vagitarian
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Sample · LGBTQ+ · #2164552
Interactive blog with a lesbian, please leave a comment and lets have an open conversation

25/07/18

So, blogging was never something I had considered venturing into, I've always wanted to write but I always imagined it would be in a fictional setting. The thought of writing a blog occurred to me the other night on my drive home, music blaring thinking about a show I've secretly been binge watching at work, gotta love Netflix.

Anyway, in the more recent episodes there's been a young girl trying to deal with her sexuality, and I thought to myself, what if I were to combine my love of writing and the life experience I have as a lesbian. Maybe I can help just one young person be ok with who they are and how they feel. I'm not saying I'm an expert by any means, but why not give voice to something that on occasion is quite literally closeted.

I'm not sure what I really expect to get from this experience, I hope that maybe I can help someone but if this blog becomes nothing more than my personal journal, I think I'm ok with that. After all, I do have a terrible memory.

If I do however get some interest and feedback, I would love to run it as an interactive blog, and totally encourage anyone with any questions to ask away. Any topical discussions anyone would like to throw my way would be a great motivational factor for me.

I consider myself to be a very open person and not much will make me blush or offend, so hit me people... I hope I don't live to regret that, but I really would like for this to be an open and honest conversation.

I guess the best way to get into this is a bit about me, well I turn 30 this year, I know so old :D I have a partner, we have been together 10 years this November and 2 beautiful daughters. I work full-time, but I manage a fair bit of spare time there (as I'm sure you have worked out from my Netflix comment).

I work in a male dominated industry and when required, work very hard and it's paying off, I have 2 houses both of which I am still paying for, but I think it's fair to say at my age I am moderately successful.

I really enjoy sports, watching it, playing it and am currently waiting for softball season to return. Sports were always a positive influence for me growing up, and I still use it as a vice and source for social activity to this day.

My childhood saw me grow up the eldest of 5, with four younger brothers. With my Mum and her husband (that I have called Dad from age 5) we lived in a 3 by 1 house. Yes, you read that right, 7 people in a 3-bed, 1-bathroom house, crazy difficult. We were brought up with Catholic ideals but rarely practised.

My Mum is from England and her Mum Jamaica, whilst my Dad's heritage is Italian, so it's fair to say my upbringing was culturally influenced. Both sides of my family are large (especially on Dad's side), my Mum is 1 of 5 and my Dad is 1 of 9 or 10? Wow that's bad, I can't remember, sorry family but you can really start to picture how impossible it is to remember everyone.

Hopefully you are starting to get an idea of who I am, and I've sparked your interest. Maybe you're thinking, Italian catholic, what was coming out like? Or 10 years in a gay relationship is a long time, why aren't you married? Or 2 kids how? When did you know you were gay?

Whatever your question I'm happy to give it a shot, honestly ask anything, hoping to hear from you.

Batter up?

© Copyright 2018 Aimster (aimster88 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2164552-In-the-batters-box-with-a-vagitarian